July Competition - Freestyle

Discussion in 'Bottle Swaps, Meetups, Competitions and Events.' started by strange-steve, Jul 1, 2019.

Help Support The Homebrew Forum UK by donating:

1. Aug 13, 2019 #101

strange-steve

strange-steve

strange-steve

Quantum Brewer

Clones of Stone beers in first and second place?? I do like their beers but that's a feaky coincidence :eek:

2. Aug 13, 2019 #102

the_quick

the_quick

the_quick

Wow, those 2 are really strong ones.

Congrats to all the winners ! And thanks Steve for running the competition and great feedback. Hopefully one day I will be able to produce beer of great quality like yours guys.

3. Aug 14, 2019 #103

strange-steve

strange-steve

strange-steve

Quantum Brewer

@An Ankoù hard to believe your red IPA had just one malt in it, there was a great depth of flavour there. I've ordered ingredients to brew your recipe (although I have added a little touch of Munich and caramunich to it) :hat:

An Ankoù likes this.
  4. Aug 14, 2019 #104

An Ankoù

An Ankoù

An Ankoù

Landlord.

It really was. Schumacher- the maltster- recommends his malt be used alone so I did. Just checked my notes. However, it might be interesting to see how minor additions might improve it. Red - X when young is a bit bright and sour, but it mellows down with keeping.
    I've brewed a few beers including a SMASH with Hüll melon with Red-X alone and they all have a common character that's worth exploring. I'd be very interested to see how yours turns out. In the meantime, I'm going to put another half-batch on as I think 5 gallons might be hard to drink before the hops start to fade. Then again, faint heart never won fair maid.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    mozza and strange-steve like this.