June 2021 Competition - Dark Beers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update athumb..

Hopefully I have replied to everyone that has requested delivery details. Please let me know if you are still waiting.

Beers received:
@Hopsteep - Oatmeal Stout
@moto748 - Oatmeal Stout and Parsnip Stout
@stubrewworx - Brown Porter
@Broken Toe - Raspberry Imp Stout

In transit:
@pilgrimhudd - Dark Saison and Tropical Stout

I've had nearly 15 enquiries. Still plenty of time to get your beers sent off for the competition :beer1:

Just popped a black IPA in the post. Brilliantly i got it all nicely sealed and taped up before realising i hadn't included any details!! So all the info is behind the address label. Tear it off and you'll find it. There's a tag to hang on the bottle too. Sorry about that. Hope you have a good day judging. athumb..

Parsnip stout sounds exciting. I made parsnip wine once and it works really well. Ive been considering it for a beer so maybe that's the one....

Parsnip stout sounds exciting. I made parsnip wine once and it works really well. Ive been considering it for a beer so maybe that's the one....
I'll let you know what it tastes like athumb..

Your Black IPA has arrived safe and well and I have attached the label. The bar is quite high for Black IPAs though as I have won a couple of competitions with my version :laugh8:

Time to get your Dark Beers sorted for the June competition

Judging will hopefully take place around 7th July but may be over a few days if there are a lot of entries.

PM (start conversation) me for address and try to get the entries to me by the end of the month as this will allow time for them to settle before judging.

Any style of dark beer welcome. Please ensure bottle is marked with the style, ABV and your forum name.

Anyone not sure the rules see the "new competition rules" thread.

Ill update here as bottles arrive.
Can you pm me your address please I have a red IPA @ 28 EBC if that qualifies as dark !

Can you pm me your address please I have a red IPA @ 28 EBC if that qualifies as dark !
According to my rules it does athumb.. :
From a previous post - 'I did check the BJCP criteria for a Dark Mild which is 23.6 to 49.3 EBC, so I would say anything over 24 EBC could be classed as 'dark''
I will pm you my address

Latest posts

Back