June 2021 Competition - Dark Beers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So that's all the entries in and some nice sounding dark beers they are too acheers.

Due to the number and variety/ABV of entries I will be undertaking the judging over a few days next week. I have split the beers into four categories based on style and aim to sample a single group per day.

Hope to have the results out by the end of next week with individual feedback given over the weekend.

Beers received:
@Hopsteep - Oatmeal Stout
@moto748 - Oatmeal Stout and Parsnip Stout
@stubrewworx - Brown Porter
@Broken Toe - Raspberry Imp Stout
@pilgrimhudd - Dark Saison and Tropical Stout
@DocAnna - Imperial Stout
@The-Engineer-That-Brews - Dunkelweizen
@Ellskitchen - Black IPA
@Neale - Porter
@RichardM - Stout
@Mash Monster - Red IPA
@samale - Belgian Imperial Saison Stout
@dave_77 - American Brown Ale
@Benfleet Brewery - Old Ale
@Hazelwood Brewery - Plum Porter, Vintage Ale and Best Bitter

Good luck everybody :onechug:

So just to keep the suspense going I have accelerated my judging timetable and have now gone through one of my four categories.
I won't say which category it was (I know I am a tease :groupdancing:) but there is a wide range of scores with one stand out beer.

Looking forward to the rest of the beers but they will have to be very good to win acheers.

So just to keep the suspense going I have accelerated my judging timetable and have now gone through one of my four categories.
I won't say which category it was (I know I am a tease :groupdancing:) but there is a wide range of scores with one stand out beer.

Looking forward to the rest of the beers but they will have to be very good to win acheers.
It's definitely not the imperial stout section or you wouldn't be standing 😂

Ok the results are out clapa :groupdancing: athumb.. :onechug: athumb..

There were two outstanding beers and one that was very, very close but here goes:

1st place

A tie between:
@pilgrimhudd - Dark Saison 46/50
@Benfleet Brewery - Old Ale 46/50

3rd place
@samale - Belgian Imperial Saison Stout 44/50

Congratulation guys and very well deserved.

I will get all feedback out within the next few day

Well, f*ck my old boots (as my old dad used to say when something amazing just happened). I’m absolutely made up with that. Wow. I brewed this in April loosely based on Greg Hughes Old Ale recipe in the hope it’d be nice for the winter but tasted a bottle a few weeks ago and really liked it so sent a bottle in to see if @Dads_Ale did too. And he did 😂. Thanks for that and well done to @pilgrimhudd, @samale and everyone else who took part 🍻

Latest posts

Back