June 2021 Competition - Dark Beers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dads_Ale

Crafty Brewer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time to get your Dark Beers sorted for the June competition

Judging will hopefully take place around 7th July but may be over a few days if there are a lot of entries.

PM (start conversation) me for address and try to get the entries to me by the end of the month as this will allow time for them to settle before judging.

Any style of dark beer welcome. Please ensure bottle is marked with the style, ABV and your forum name.

Anyone not sure the rules see the "new competition rules" thread.

Ill update here as bottles arrive.

Apologies for a very newbie question, but I'm not sure what counts as a 'dark' beer...
would a Ruby Mild be 'dark' enough? How about a Dunkelweizen?
Morning
I couldn't find a definitive definition of 'dark' in the rules so guess it is more down to peoples perception as to whether it looks dark or not.
I did check the BJCP criteria for a Dark Mild which is 23.6 to 49.3 EBC, so I would say anything over 24 EBC could be classed as 'dark'

I will post my entire next week sometime. It's a dark Belgian imperial Saison......
Hopefully it's something you will enjoy 👍

I think I’ve got a stout somewhere in the garage, I’ll enter that if you could send me your address?

I've a KBS clone kegged. Supposed to be ready in August but I'm itching to have a taste. If it's up to scratch, I'll send in a bottle.

Latest posts

Back