June Collaborative Group Buy with Crisp - NW & Midlands

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
@chopps @Obadiah Boondoggle @GeorgieV @Cheshire Cat @emerson909 @Falco @DavidT @NPi @PhilBrew @ceborame @Clint @Mungri @DavidB @LJPH @BlackRegent @hoppyscotty @Rogerh @HoppyTommy @Astie @Mike_Burton @Andy_K @mdex @WonkyDonkey @Kiwigaz @davidm @cjibbo @ches501 @shroppie @BridgeBrew @Rob11TC @MmmBeer @Spike. @Flan @Kman @Thonbi @Subtle Duck @Cestrian @Regfixit @Windey @Wez82 @moto748 @Dkain30

Today chopps and I have placed our latest order with Muntons for delivery before Easter

That means that in the last six months by collaborating we have bought on behalf of us all 2.5 tonnes of malt

We are now giving thought to our next collaborative buy which we expect will be early June

In June, we intend to order from Crisp

We have found Muntons very good, but we felt it would be good to try a different supplier

Crisp do some malts that Muntons don't and Muntons do some malts that Crisp don't. Crisp are cheaper for some malts but dearer for others

Their offer with prices is attached - follow this link for a detailed spec of each

Crisp Malt Analysis Sheet | Technical Help | Master Specification Tables

For those of you that buy your malt from GeterBrewed we believe that it is Crisp malt that they sell

Each time we order we learn a bit more so

If you are interested, the process is

1. As soon as you can, let me know what you may be interested in (no commitment at this point) by sending an email to [email protected]
2. I collate interest until we have a 40 bag order - probably early June but before if there is enough interest.
3. We then set a date on which we actually buy, i.e. we pay the malster
4. I contact you again with this date to confirm your order and cost, we like to give you at least 14 days notice, so you can sort the money. If you no longer wish to buy on this occasion - that's fine!
5. We ask you to pay by bank transfer making sure we have the money the day before we need to pay the malster.
6. The malt usually arrives about 5 days after we have paid
7. You collect you malt from me - CW11

Crisp are also offering to host a virtual meeting, probably on a Thursday evening, so we can ask any questions we like about their malt

Again if you are interested in taking part please email us at [email protected]

Best Wishes All

Attachments

• June Malts.pdf
    363.3 KB · Views: 249
I'll be in touch. For those that haven't used it before, the Clear Choice Extra Pale is excellent and seems to be a stock base malt for many commercial NEIPAs

It's your call BC

You are welcome to join in, if you want to make the journey across

Others from that area have bought in the past - if you could find a local buddy you could pick up for both of you

That has happened several times

Is there any one else in E Midlands that might join up with BC to collect?

If anyone else in the E Midlands contacts me - I will let you know

Interested for June. A couple of 25k sacks and a few 3k bags if you're still going to split .
Cheers,
Ian.

So the 3 kg bags, are they available now, or not until June? I wouldn't mind adding a few of those to my sack order if that's possible.

Or would that have to wait until June?

Is anyone in the Liverpool area as I can’t collect as I don’t drive. Much obliged if possible

Hi All

As you probably know we are buying from Crisp for our June collaborative buy

We have organised a webinar with the regional sales manager from Crisp at which he will describe their malts and answer any questions we have - you are very welcome to join us - 7.00pm til 8.30pm this Thursday (29th). Email [email protected] for the link to join

OB

As well as the full bags we have decided to make available the following 3kg bags - and to simplify things for everyone all are 3kgs for £3 (crushed)

Amber Malt
Roast Barley
Torrified Flaked Barley
Brown Malt
Cara 30
Crystal 150
Dextrin
Light Chocolate
Melanoidin
Munich
Rye Malt
Vienna
Wheat Malt
Malted Wheat Flakes

Please register your interest for any of these, as for full bags, by emailing [email protected]

Reactions: NPi
Just to let everyone know that we have now reached the 40 bag limit, and are not able to take any more orders for the June collaborative group buy

I expect that we will be planning another group buy for early August and I will post on the forum about this nearer the time

Hi All

As you probably know we are buying from Crisp for our June collaborative buy

We have organised a webinar with the regional sales manager from Crisp at which he will describe their malts and answer any questions we have - you are very welcome to join us - 7.00pm til 8.30pm this Thursday (29th). Email [email protected] for the link to join

OB
How did this go for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back