June Competition - Dark Beers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phildo79

Reaction score
Looking forward to this one. Shoot me a PM if you would like to enter. Haven't got a designated date when I will be judging yet but probably at least the first week in July.

Please let me know if the beer is good to drink or could do with some extra time in the bottle.

All styles welcome. Hoping to try some unique brews. Good luck to all that enter.

Phil

Are you judging on your own or have you someone lined up to help. Would you like a 330ml or 500ml
Unsure ATM but go with the 330ml. I always find 500ml of imp stout a struggle. Regardless of how good it is. Although I will happily drink two 330ml bottles of imp stout, in a row, if it's good. Try and figure that one out! 🤔

True, but it's 50/50 for you because you would have tasted the best schwartzbier I've ever made. Coincidentally as this is the only one I've ever made it would also be the worst :D
A true conundrum. Are you going for the full 8 week lagering duration? Having never made the style, I couldn't advise if shaving a few weeks off would be detrimental or not.

Yes, as I'm brewing lots of lager for Oktoberfest this year. Lagers take me a minimum of 6 weeks to make and last year I made 2, which my wife and son emptied within 10 days!

I've a Märzen, a Festbier, a Pilsner, a Schwartzbier and a Vienna all lagering until September. I'm doing a Pilsner Urquell this weekend and I think I'll manage to squeeze in a Helles.

I'm aiming to get a pin next month, so I'll likely make a Kellerbier too 😁

Could you bung me your address please? I reckon my American Amber would qualify, it's fairly dark. Should have said before really, but you know how it is... 😜

Back