June Competition - Dark Beers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have something I might try sending in. I'm not sure what it'll be like though 🤷‍♂️

Some judging will be done tomorrow night, with a fellow homebrewer. But The comp will remain open until next weekend for those that have already sent something in the post. Perhaps they will arrive today or tomorrow and the winner can be revealed tomorrow night 😲

Some judging will be done tomorrow night, with a fellow homebrewer. But The comp will remain open until next weekend for those that have already sent something in the post. Perhaps they will arrive today or tomorrow and the winner can be revealed tomorrow night 😲
Only seeing this now as I’ve been flat out with work. I’ve a northern brown ale that I could send up the road if it’s classed as a dark beer ? Or is it a bit late in the day ??

@phildo79 I've had a bit of a busy week (life got in the way) and then I had problems with the packaging. Anyway, it's by the door ready to post out now and I'm heading straight to the post office following the meeting I'm supposed to be paying attention to. Apologies, and hopefully it'll make it before the deadline.
Edit. I dropped it off at the post office about half an hour ago. It should be winging its way to you now.

Last edited:
Only seeing this now as I’ve been flat out with work. I’ve a northern brown ale that I could send up the road if it’s classed as a dark beer ? Or is it a bit late in the day ??
Go ahead, mate. I was originally planning to do the judging next weekend but this opportunity arose. Yes, brown ale is dark in my book so feel free to send it.

@Donegal john and @Agentgonzo hopefully your beers arrive before next Wednesday as that is when I am heading away to a wedding/holiday. If they haven't, then I will judge them upon my return (not sure of the exact date but w/c 11/06). So the results will not be in tomorrow night, lads.

Sorry folks for delaying the judgement day. But thank you Phildo for keeping it open for me and John.

No problem at all. Another member sent a couple of bottles on the 24th but they still haven't arrived. Fingers crossed they aren't smashed to bits or sitting in some posties fridge.

Ok, so far we have:

Samale X3
Pilgrimhud x2
Fazzer x1
James Turley x2 (not arrived yet and might be 2 bottles of the same beer)
AgentGonzo x1 (on its way...hopefully)
Moto748 x2
Donegal John x1 (hopefully coming)

So 12 beers, hopefully. Not a bad turn out. Last comp I judged I had to get through something like 27 beers. It was an ordeal. Not the worst ordeal I have ever faced, mind.

I got a message from @phildo79 last week. Whilst mine had arrived, he didn't have time to judge it before he went away for the wedding (possibly John's too). Hopefully he'll judge them when he gets back which is probably this week: "not sure of the exact date but w/c 11/06" (I assume they meant 11/07).

This heatwave is ideal for judging dark beers 🤣

Last edited:
Sorry boys, my internet connection is sketchy as hell where I am. It's even hit and miss when using the pubs WiFi. Strange.

Anyway, all the beers have been judged, except Gonzo's. Haven't received @Donegal john beer yet. Not sure if he will be entering. But I will have the results out by this weekend.

Latest posts

Back