June Forum Comp - Dark Beers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, I think I've received the lot now, and what a haul it is! 20 beers in total, with a nice spread of styles. Really chuffed, thanks everyone.

I'm going to judge them over this weekend Friday to Sunday. Please be patient as it might take a while to a) recover and b) type it all up.

Wish me luck 😁

Right, I think I've received the lot now, and what a haul it is! 20 beers in total, with a nice spread of styles. Really chuffed, thanks everyone.

I'm going to judge them over this weekend Friday to Sunday. Please be patient as it might take a while to a) recover and b) type it all up.

Wish me luck 😁

Over ONE weekend? Good luck - you are SO going to need it! 😂 🥴:hat:

Wish me luck 😁
Looking forward to the results. Good luck👍
Hope you booked Monday off work😉

Wish me luck 😁
Good luck brave knight🐴

I've finished them all now. Surprisingly wide range of styles for a 'dark' beer month. I've hugely enjoyed judging, and can honestly say that there wasn't a bad beer amongst them. So difficult to find a top three between them, but I have had to do so. For anyone that is hesitant about getting involved in either entering or judging a forum comp, don't be it's great fun and a chance to get some constructive feedback / get to drink some seriously good beer. I'll announce the top 3 in due course, and give feedback via personal message over the course of the next week - might take me a while.

I've finished them all now. Surprisingly wide range of styles for a 'dark' beer month. I've hugely enjoyed judging, and can honestly say that there wasn't a bad beer amongst them. So difficult to find a top three between them, but I have had to do so. For anyone that is hesitant about getting involved in either entering or judging a forum comp, don't be it's great fun and a chance to get some constructive feedback / get to drink some seriously good beer. I'll announce the top 3 in due course, and give feedback via personal message over the course of the next week - might take me a while.
I can't wait to judge the dark beer for October 😎

And in first place......drum roll.......

@dalecek with a bourbon strong scotch ale.

My notes summarise that "I really, really like this beer! I'd pay good money for it!.... elegant and inspiring...."

Well done mate, superb beer, and I'd love to see the recipe. Your prize is a £10 beer hawk voucher, I'll pm you for your address 👍

Latest posts

Back