Jungle juice TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As I have a big bunch of empty DJ, decided to try something of an experiment.
Last year when we stayed at animal kingdom lodge in Disney, they did a drink called "jungle juice". It was lovely and we drank gallons of the stuff!
Turns out it's equal parts of guava, orange and passion fruit juice.
So we've been drinking this at home ever since.
Looked in the fridge and we had 3 part bottles on their last legs and needed using.
Also had 2l of apple juice.

Hmmmmm. Why not?

So whacked it all in a DJ and bunged in half a pack of cml cider yeast, cup of tea gave it a good shake.
OG of 1045

Looks bloody minging, all cloudy and floppy...but sure it'll come good.
Who knows what it'll taste like, but it's good to be weird!

I am in heaven!!!!!!!!

It's been carb'ing and conditioning for 3 weeks and I decided to crack a bottle open.
It was with a LOT of trepidation due to how disgusting the thing looked whilst brewing. Orange juice goes all lumpy and minging like some form of jelly fish blobby gross scummy thing.
Honestly I thought it had the mother of all infections.
But I bottled it anyway.

UN-BELIEV-ABLE!

It's amazing.
Honest to god, amazing...

If i was to do one from scratch, Passion fruit and guava juice is about £1.30 a litre each and the standard orange juice £1
then a litre of apple juice bringing it to £4.50 for 4 litres
And I lost quite a bit due to the disgusting looking mashed up brain like trub and got 6 bottles.

75p a bottle essentially (I had yeast in stock)

So about 5%
That was using cml cider yeast, bit you could probably get it down another few points using champagne yeast, or chuck in some extra sugar if you want it daft strong

Latest posts

Back