Just a quick hello

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grahame Smith

Reaction score
So I've brewed before and had a few successful beers but a chain of bad stale brews put me off for about 12 months, I'm dedicated to start again properly with the advice from this this forum and learning more tricks and tips from you good people I'm hoping to take it from beer can kits to grain brewing in the long run, feel free to point me in any direction you think is best for me at the moment.

Thanks, Grahame.

I bottled a Festival Weiss last night. It'll be another lager, it's a toss up between a Muntons Gold Pilsner or a Wilko Ceveza,Brew Enhancer with a tin of golden syrup lobbed in.

I bottled a Festival Weiss last night. It'll be another lager, it's a toss up between a Muntons Gold Pilsner or a Wilko Ceveza,Brew Enhancer with a tin of golden syrup lobbed in.
Well this is the first pilsner I've tried, it's the Wilko one, I stuck to the rule book as I can never get lager types right, I've never messed around adding things, I might in the future

aye them pilsners a PITA to get sorted...
without temp control tbh a 'Fingers X'd' type o thing lol.
I tried wheat beer years ago....without temp control it was sickly and the off tastes were shocking......least it was a 10l batch hoyed doon the drain.
gets the ferm fridge n inkbird 308....booooshhhh! what a difference pal.
love experimenting on my brews....(i'm known as a 'Seat of my pants approach' type of bloke) bit itll be boring just following a destructions....but...tiny steps and all that m8.
catchya later, any queries etc just PM me...but divint talk boot football..haha!!
Bri

aye them pilsners a PITA to get sorted...
without temp control tbh a 'Fingers X'd' type o thing lol.
I tried wheat beer years ago....without temp control it was sickly and the off tastes were shocking......least it was a 10l batch hoyed doon the drain.
gets the ferm fridge n inkbird 308....booooshhhh! what a difference pal.
love experimenting on my brews....(i'm known as a 'Seat of my pants approach' type of bloke) bit itll be boring just following a destructions....but...tiny steps and all that m8.
catchya later, any queries etc just PM me...but divint talk boot football..haha!!
Bri
Cheers mate, I thought I had escaped the football banter haha it's bad enough working in Newcastle for the **** taking

hahaha!!!!
all my old mates are sunderland, Newcastle, borough,scotland,durham n Yorkshire.........so the crack is light hearted lol.
mind I feel for you working at the town...
Bri

I can't promise that I'll never bring it up but I can promise that I'll take the **** :p Nah any questions mate happy to help if I can! Relatively new to brewing but seem to be getting the grasps of it well with help from @Manxnorton

Latest posts

Back