Just saying hi - first wine brew on its way

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenPowell

Reaction score
Hi all, Joined up to get some hints and tips! I am just fermenting my first wine kit ever. I have done beer (once) and ginger beer (once) both successful. This time trying wine. Got a wineworks kit and its fermenting now. Been fermenting for about 10 days now and bubbles from airlock doen to once every 5 minutes or so. SG 1.000 so still going - just slowly!
Thanks.

Hi all, Joined up to get some hints and tips! I am just fermenting my first wine kit ever. I have done beer (once) and ginger beer (once) both successful. This time trying wine. Got a wineworks kit and its fermenting now. Been fermenting for about 10 days now and bubbles from airlock doen to once every 5 minutes or so. SG 1.000 so still going - just slowly!
Thanks.
Hi, interested to hear how you get on with this...I've been brewing beers and ciders for around 2 years now and thinking about trying some wine ready for Christmas!!!

Just had a little taster. its pretty much fermented now and i was surprised by how nice it tasts. ok so its not done and cloudy and not quite there yet but tasts of pinot grigio!

Brill, think I'm going to give some wine making a go then!!

Have you been able to use the equipment you already had for your beer brewing or did you need to get anything extra?

I got a whole new kit. Not sure if we can put links on here. it came with everything needed. Thought it best to start again with fresh kit.

Ah interesting, something I'll have to look at then!!!
Hopefully I can utilise some of my kit!!

Latest posts

Back