Keezer, in through the hump?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowcrow

Landlord.
Reaction score
I don't currently have a collar on my keezer, and just have my gas inside and the 3/16 beer line coming through the magnetic sealing strip straight to my taps.

But I'd like to move the gas out to make room for a 3rd keg. A friend suggested going in through the vent on the side, next to the compressor then drill through the side of the hump - as no other cables or cooling pipes there.

Anyone tried this? Makes sense I guess. I'd keep my beer line out through the top as closer to my taps there. Away from home now but I'll have a play tonight and check def no cooling lines there.

Yes I know of at least one other member who suggests going in through the side of the ‘hump’… I think it should be OK, just go carefully and obviously unplug from the mains first. I guess there will probably be a layer of insulation to go through - you might be able to tell by shining a torch from the inside and seeing if you can see it shining through.
I have generally found you don’t need to use a drill for this kind of work: a small flat-bladed screwdriver goes through the plastic pretty easily and allows you to feel whether you are hitting anything metal.

Thanks all - not had chance to have a proper look yet, but will try to investigate a bit tomorrow. I could do a collar but as the keezer is built into a work surface there is only about 10cm above the lid, so would only be a tiny collar - but that is all I'd need.

Latest posts

Back