Keezer is finished (at last)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChilledGecko

Zythophile, innit mate
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys,
my lockdown project was to get myself a keezer up and running.

My first issue was freezers became rarer than hens teeth, but I found a new one an negotiated with the boss to swap with the old one (no contest!)
Wood delivery was also in short supply so I re purposed a lot of old decking and similar that I had loitering around. A wood thicknesser planer is great for times like this!
Scrap ply had some casters applied for mobility and unused laminate flooring was used for decoration.
Luckily I had been gathering the core items, taps, manifold and the like over the past few months.

Pictures below, five corney kegs with gas bottle built in along side.

Just need some summer now to kick back in the garden and enjoy the fruits of my labour acheers.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 316
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 307
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 297
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 301
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 300
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 298
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 310
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 311
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 331
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 307
Aww, cheers guys! That means a lot coming from professionals like yourselves :hat:

A few more details, the tap box has a 120mm 12v fan fitted to circulate the cold air into the upper area to keep the pipes cold all the way up to delivery.
There is another fan in the freezer circulating the air down below.

The lighting under the taps is multi coloured and dimmable and is connected into my home automation system. As you walk towards the keezer the light comes on and remains on for a few minutes after leaving the area.
I’m a bit of a geek :cool:

The beer is currently delivered through 15ft of 3/16" pipe at 20psi, works well at 3-4C. This may change as I settle it in.

The tap tops were a pool set from eBay drilled out with a 16mm flat drill and tapped with microphone inserts, which fit a treat.

Next step, building a herms (probably) three pot all grain set up.
Then I’ll be happy :beer1:

Kevin

Thanks guys thumb.
Now I've not been working on it fro a few days and been able to step back a bit and properly look at it, I'm quite pleased with the result.
Having my nose up close to it for a while stopped me from seeing the whole thing.

... I may be making some changes, recover to top and move the chalk board to the wall. Seems more 'normal'. I'll see how it goes.

Have you had any beer from it?

To quote the Churchill dog - "Oh, yus"
I built the keezer around the beer, it's been dispensing for a few weeks now.
Priorities Clint, priorities!

I have an itinerant son who appears on the doorstep regularly, growler in hand. Just passing dad, any chance of a top up?
- I brought him up well acheers.

Back