Keezer is finished (at last)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you share some details of the wood you used, how you finished it etc?

This is from memory....
I raised the freezer lid using scrap decking.

I found some scrap ply for the base and stuck some large casters under it in each corner, I tried small casters and the weight of the full keezer distorted the rubber around the castors when moving.
I allowed room to place a gas bottle alongside the freezer while still being within the keezer frame to keep things tidy.
The sides were around 3" x 1" 'ish and I built a frame that I screwed together using a pocket jig. Repeat for 3 sides.
I then joined all 3 sides together with the pocket jig & screws ready for inserting some spare laminate flooring from the inside.
Note the frame was sized to fit around the ply, not on it.
I then built the laminate and screwed it in place inside the frames.
I fitted the sides to the ply base so that it hid the ply.

I then fitted the freezer in place, tight front left in this case. I used a couple of pieces of scrap wood screwed to the ply to hold the freezer snug.

The tap tower was built from old decking lengths planed down and sized to hold the required number of taps, five for me.
I allowed space inside to fit a 120mm fan to pull cold air up from the freezer.
The whole internal area was insulated from the inside.

I then fitted some scrap decking the the lid of the freezer to lift the height of some 9mm mdf to the same height as the drip tray, running it from edge to edge.
I lined the sides of the lid with some more 3" x 1" that had been butted together using the trusty pocket joiner to make it 6" x 1" sized so it dropped over the sides, hiding the lid area.

I drilled 2 holes in the freezer lid, one for the pipes and air flow and the other for the fan.

Probably missed tons of stuff, shout if you need clarification.

Kevin

Love this, I’m lining up a keezer project for next year hopefully, is the cladding attached to the freezer or is it a casing?

absolutely awesome keezer and really impressive selection of brews too. great job!

Stop it just stop it. How awe full. How am i supposed to un see and forget an awesome idea like that. its on my list now as soon as the space is available in the new brewery.

dam you

10 out of 10 for this one mate outstanding work.

Latest posts

Back