Keezer/Keggerator Dilemma.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your preference for a home draught set up.

• Total voters
So went for a BEKO 3205 in the end up.
Went to Currys with tape in hand and although only 6cft between it and the logic the layout and depth were more appealing as the shelf for the compressor and accessories is at the back rather than the side giving more clearance for kegs and other bits and bobs and should be here next Friday which suits as I'm on nights next week.
Another tap is being sorted for father's Day with a beer kit.....Happy daddy..
chrome_screenshot_1621460781661.png

So went for a BEKO 3205 in the end up.
Went to Currys with tape in hand and although only 6cft between it and the logic the layout and depth were more appealing as the shelf for the compressor and accessories is at the back rather than the side giving more clearance for kegs and other bits and bobs and should be here next Friday which suits as I'm on nights next week.
Another tap is being sorted for father's Day with a beer kit.....Happy daddy..View attachment 47521
You need to get brewing old boy. I might have another few beer here with your name on it. 😉

@MickDundee and @Redwulf

I don't believe the quote about most fridges have their lines at the back.
Some fridges safe to drill the sides for taps as my 25 pound bargain display commercial fridge does have the cooling grille lines on the back.

Covering up the sides of most fridge freezer is bad. Looks good but traps heat into the keezer or fridge and makes compressor work harder so more noise and electric use goes up a lot . If you do clad leave an airgap and ventilate it with a PC fan. Also why you shouldn't build your fridge in tight in a kitchen or tight up against the oven.
Have attached thermal picture of the front and side of the freezer showing the hidden heat exchanger lines.
View attachment 46481View attachment 46482View attachment 46483View attachment 46484

Old fridges have the black grill on the back and no lines in the side so can be insulated which will improve an old fridges efficiency.
Pictures of my upright keg fridge commercial style glass door, no heat exchangers in the sides hence easy install of the taps & drip tray.
View attachment 46487View attachment 46488

Big danger if you tried to fit taps into the front or side of the freezer ( hence need for collar )
Chest freezers will benefit from extra insulation on the lid ( on the inside if you have space ) and insulation on the inside will shield the contents from the heat that is actually in the wall heat exchangers. But most of us don't have the space for that extra internal insulation.

Latest posts

Back