Keezer mixer tap for two kegs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

Doive

Reaction score
Perhaps a strange one, and I haven't found a solution. My wife likes both cider and seltzer, I brew both for her and keep them in separate kegs in the keezer. Sometimes she likes cider, sometimes seltzer, sometimes a mixture of both...

I only have three taps at present, but four kegs. The easy answer of course would be to install a further tap, but I was wondering if there existed a sort of mixer tap with two inputs, and some arrangement to control the mixture? Kind of like a flow control tap, but to control the flow of each liquid? Perhaps there is no such thing, and any search engine returns kitchen mixer taps. That may be a suitable alternative!

Reaction score
Could you use two John Guest flow shut off valves in line from each keg, then feeding these into a JG Y splitter? Then you could manually turn the shut off valve onto open for the keg which you want to use?

Like this? Apologies for the phallic diagram :oops:. Blue are the shut-off valves and red the Y valve, yellow is the beer line.

1636030032695.png

Last edited:

Doive

Reaction score
Yes I had thought about using the in line shut off valves, but I was hoping for a solution external to the keezer, as it usually has things on top of it. I had also pondered a solution using solenoid valves and an external rotary switch, but that's perhaps getting too involved for a simple keezer, when an additional tap would be a much better solution!