Keezer temp setting

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s not important in a keezer tbh with no fermentation occurring.
'Tis important then … if you keep opening the lid/door! My "proto-" keezer was a pain for turning on immediately after nosing in the lid ('cos I tend to keep other stuff in there too). I don't have the probe wrapped in bubble-wrap, it's stuffed in an empty bottle - same thing (ish).

Having a fan in their sounds like it'll improve this situation too.

I have my probe sandwiched between a can of beer and one of them neoprene bottle/can cooler thingies. Works really well and compressor cycles every 90 minutes or so.
I tape it to the side of a corny with wadded kitchen roll - just like I do with the fermenter. You can actually tell when the level inside the corny drops below the wadded sensor because the temperature swings get wider!

I would reckon you're seeing temperature overshoot because you're measuring ambient air. A freezer cools on the outside where the evaporator coils are, and the dense coldest air sinks to the bottom. Once the air around your probe (middle of keezer) eventually comes down to setpoint - the compressor will have already been running for too long. Hence the 7C vs 13C. It's a closed loop system where the feedback isn't quite true.

I'd recommend picking up something like this; dirt cheap and will give you more accurate readings. As already mentioned in post #17; it's only going to help make your keezer last longer too. Or you could strap your probe to the side of a keg with a bungee cord and insulate it with a sponge, bubble wrap, etc.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-PCS-Ne...hash=item2acb4c74ef:m:mNcVcaMCKnaaonzLti5j_xw
View attachment 20344

You're probably right, but it's really not that much of a problem. I just keep raising or lowering the setting on the inkbird as needed.

You're probably right, but it's really not that much of a problem. I just keep raising or lowering the setting on the inkbird as needed.
Horses for courses. But an easy way to sort your issue entirely is just fix it to a bottle or keg...

Latest posts

Back