Keg/fermenter washer recommendation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hudson1984

Regular.
Reaction score
As per title really. I’m after a keg washer that I can use on the fermentersaurus too.

seen the bucket blaster, seen the ss brewtech one but wondered what people’s thoughts were.

I just want to be able to clean kegs and fermenter quicker and easier

I was looking at them too, in the end I made my own with 2500l per hour water pump, John Guest fittings and some hose/ball lock connectors. Works great, I'll get some pictures up later.

Ditto, been looking for ages but sold out everywhere and don’t seem to be restocking at the moment.

Look forward to seeing pics of your DIY method, maybe that’s the way to go, and cheaper 👍

i have a bucket blaster and it is great. A word of advise however , keep an eye on it. If it goes over it will spray alot of water all over the show in your nice clean white brew room. and then trip the rcd and because its dark your covered in water and you cant find your phone you may slip pver on the floor. ive just built a cip setup for my stainless fermentors. looking foward to trying that this evening.

They are in stock now. Has anyone got one? Seem good value.
If im honest i normally fill a corny with boiling water and add chem clean. Then turn it end on end. I dont need to worry about it falling over.......or being out in the garden

if its a quick turn round I just rinse with boiling water. If there is some scud I chuck in some pbw and shake about and the presure let’s me clean in the dip tube and posts as well as beer line.

but this would let me give my kegs a proper wash maybe twice a year. Just wondered how people have got on with it.

Plus one here for the Bucket Blaster and the DIY option.

Only thing I’d say on the DIY is make sure you get a big enough pump.

My DIY one does an ok job but some times I have to leave it a while to get those really hard stains off.

So what’s the difference between the bucket blaster and the king keg corny cleaner?

I’d have to buy all the parts anyway so for convenience I may as well get one of the shelf. Just trying to work out the difference between the above two.

I have the Kegland bucket blaster and whilst it's a pain in the A to use (the rubber suction feet keep slipping off the pump and it's tricky to balance kegs on it) it's brilliant for cleaning kegs and my All Rounder fermenter. But to be honest, it's just a pond pump with disconnects added. So DIY might be a good option.

The latest Keg King looks like it has better parts and it's much cheaper but I've never used one.

Cheers. I was wondering why king keg was cheaper but may be worth a punt. Is the pump maybe less powerful?

Cheers. I was wondering why king keg was cheaper but may be worth a punt. Is the pump maybe less powerful?

Hey

I'm pretty sure the pump on the Fermenter King unit is more powerful, there aren't any corners cut. It's cheaper because we import them direct, there isn't a chain of businesses in the middle all adding their own slice onto them. We only add what we need to make on them to make it a workable product for us.

Cheers

According to the specs, the key king has a more powerful pump. But I would check with someone who has one as to if it’s any good.

When I bought my bucket blaster, the keg king version 1 didn’t look good to me. But their latest one looks just as good (on paper) and if I was deciding again, I would take a punt on one as it’s nearly half the price.

But believe me, cleaning with these gadgets is wonderful and I’d never go back to brushes :)

I just rinse my kegs than put a full kettle of boiling water in seal it up and shake to pressurise and leave for 20 mi9ns then empty and rinse again. There is usually enough pressure to run the hot water through the beer outlet to rinse that too.
It is very rare I have to do a deep clean with my kegs as I either clean them straight away and leave a litre or so of Starsan in them until needed.
Ps if you do not have time to do the clean straight away leaving your kegs with the dregs in and as they will still have pressure in them will keep them safe as it just the same as leaving beer in them with co2 as a blanket so when you do get to clean them the crud has not dried on and is easy to remove with a rinse

Hey

I'm pretty sure the pump on the Fermenter King unit is more powerful, there aren't any corners cut. It's cheaper because we import them direct, there isn't a chain of businesses in the middle all adding their own slice onto them. We only add what we need to make on them to make it a workable product for us.

Cheers
Great, thanks for the heads up. Will likely order that from you later today 👍

Reactions: B2B
I've got the Fermenter King washer and I'd recommend it. It just makes cleaning easier and less messy. When I used to wash out my kegs and fermenter I'd always end up soaking the kitchen floor and making a general mess.

It's convenience, at a cost, but I like gadgets and this is one of the better ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back