Keg King's Round Table

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
£450 by the time it hits these shores then yeah, once customs have levied a nice big tax on it etc etc. :laugh8: Probably still less than the total for a good ferm fridge, but you can't do it a bit at a time and sneak each bit past the wife.... 🤪
I put my ferm fridge together for about £50. Fridge was free from Facebook Marketplace, Inkbird £25, greenhouse heater £20.

I put my ferm fridge together for about £50. Fridge was free from Facebook Marketplace, Inkbird £25, greenhouse heater £20.
Pretty much like a lot of home brewers do. Then there are those who don’t or are not allowed to have another fridge and they kept beating me up for something like we offer now.

Pretty much like a lot of home brewers do. Then there are those who don’t or are not allowed to have another fridge and they kept beating me up for something like we offer now.
I’m not knocking the bit of kit, it sounds good, I was replying to the post saying at £450 it would be cheaper than a decent ferm fridge.

TBF if it retails at £50-£75 more than in Australia it’ll be about the same price as doing it with a new fridge.

I’m not knocking the bit of kit, it sounds good, I was replying to the post saying at £450 it would be cheaper than a decent ferm fridge.

TBF if it retails at £50-£75 more than in Australia it’ll be about the same price as doing it with a new fridge.
Waiting on B2B to see what the import costs etc will add to the price. DId not think there would be such huge duty on it. What is your VAT now?

I don't know how many UK brewers have thought about milling their own grain, buying in bulk or even if it would be much cheaper. But the Keg King geared three roller mill is a good option. Most home brewers over here I would say mill their own grain, just gives that extra bit more control over your brewing.
001.JPG

Waiting on B2B to see what the import costs etc will add to the price. DId not think there would be such huge duty on it. What is your VAT now?
There’s been a temporary cut on a load of things because of the ‘Rona but the standard rate is 20%.

I don't know how many UK brewers have thought about milling their own grain, buying in bulk or even if it would be much cheaper. But the Keg King geared three roller mill is a good option. Most home brewers over here I would say mill their own grain, just gives that extra bit more control over your brewing.
View attachment 30831
Does that have an adjustment knob for crush size? Is that what I see on the left of the picture (Black) or front (silver)?

Mine is a right faff to adjust because it needs to be none manually with a screwdriver and feeler gauges. After seeing that new one GEB have started stocking I’ve been thinking I might upgrade at Christmas.

Does that have an adjustment knob for crush size? Is that what I see on the left of the picture (Black) or front (silver)?

Mine is a right faff to adjust because it needs to be none manually with a screwdriver and feeler gauges. After seeing that new one GEB have started stocking I’ve been thinking I might upgrade at Christmas.
Yes, back of the black back screws and dial in the crush by the increments on either side, then tighten the black screws to lock. Feeler gauges or screwdrivers not needed, just thumb and forefinger.

Attachments

• E6CBB3AA-7F3B-410B-AE63-C01B4BBBD297.jpeg
    E6CBB3AA-7F3B-410B-AE63-C01B4BBBD297.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 102
  • CAA0FE0D-2680-4704-8D4B-246B6813171C.jpeg
    CAA0FE0D-2680-4704-8D4B-246B6813171C.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 33656323-CD02-46CA-94E3-01F703AC2356.jpeg
    33656323-CD02-46CA-94E3-01F703AC2356.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 108
  • 9518CD63-3385-45E4-AEE7-C622BFB93478.jpeg
    9518CD63-3385-45E4-AEE7-C622BFB93478.jpeg
    15.7 KB · Views: 103
I definitely like the look of that.

Do you have a version that comes with its own base or would I have to either build my own or re-purpose the base from my current mill?

Also are the measurements pre-calibrated?

I wanted to put up a picture of a Lauter Helix that we sell for the Guten (Klarstein, Hopcat etc) breweries in Australia. Wondering if people in the UK are aware of the uses of such an item and if it would be of interest.

Attachments

• FFCC4D16-358B-40B8-BD47-C1A00CCE8A52.jpeg
    FFCC4D16-358B-40B8-BD47-C1A00CCE8A52.jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 94
I definitely like the look of that.

Do you have a version that comes with its own base or would I have to either build my own or re-purpose the base from my current mill?

Also are the measurements pre-calibrated?
They actually come with a base but working from home during lockdown I don’t have a pic for you. Might be able to put one up by tomorrow for you.

£450 by the time it hits these shores then yeah, once customs have levied a nice big tax on it etc etc. :laugh8: Probably still less than the total for a good ferm fridge, but you can't do it a bit at a time and sneak each bit past the wife.... 🤪

I like your prices but tbh think it would be unfair :D

Some quick maths, and finger in the air guesswork to the import duty I reckon the prices below won't be too far off

Standard @ £249.95
Max @ £399.95

Remember though, we offer finance via Klarna to get purchases like this past the wife ;) Split the cost into 3 payments and live to brew another day...

Standard @ £249.95

Max @ £399.95

When I Google this I can't find anything of material information telling me anything about either of the products Max or standard. I must be typing stuff in wrong or something.

Got reference to it on Aussie homebrew forum but nothing else.

Now there are two models it's worth understanding what each offers over the other. Dimensions, efficiency, cooling range etc

Anyone found anything that I've missed?

They're brand new and not on the market yet buddy, more info will come soon but I'm sure Will also has some facts and figures to go with each.

They're so brand new they'll be a few months away I think, manufacturing is a pain right now with restrictions etc... and then add 5 weeks in for a boat to chug it's way over. Even shipping is slow these days, they must have turned the engines down to save fuel or something. We have 4 containers arriving in the next 5 weeks and all of them have taken longer to sail than they usually would have done pre-covid.

When I Google this I can't find anything of material information telling me anything about either of the products Max or standard. I must be typing stuff in wrong or something.

Got reference to it on Aussie homebrew forum but nothing else.

Now there are two models it's worth understanding what each offers over the other. Dimensions, efficiency, cooling range etc

Anyone found anything that I've missed?

Attachments

• 13E9C9F3-15FD-41F6-9159-D96E1310EB0D.jpeg
    13E9C9F3-15FD-41F6-9159-D96E1310EB0D.jpeg
    39.2 KB · Views: 103
I like your prices but tbh think it would be unfair :D

Some quick maths, and finger in the air guesswork to the import duty I reckon the prices below won't be too far off

Standard @ £249.95
Max @ £399.95

Remember though, we offer finance via Klarna to get purchases like this past the wife ;) Split the cost into 3 payments and live to brew another day...

I'm used to the PC hardware sector, where if something releases for $300 dollars, it comes out here for £350... lol Those prices aren't too bad to be honest that you quoted, no need for finance, just save up for a couple of months without splurging on anything. ;) Oh and my estimates on brew fridge, well my wife is kinda picky... lol I only just persuaded her to get a refurb fridge freezer as a stop gap measure when our old one packed up right at the start of the panic buying.... We'd ordered a new one but obviously deliveries were taking longer. Even the refurb one cost nearly £200....

Like the mill Foxy, same kind of adjustment dial as on the one I have only mine is a 2 roller. I still get people telling me I need feeler gauges. I got a set just to be sure, but yeah graduated dials with actual measurement markings on them etc. Ordered more uncrushed malt yesterday.

Re that lauter helix, used to be able to buy them here, but they seem to have vanished. I'd possibly be interested, as a bazooka just clogs instantly during mashing on my Klarstein. I use a plate chiller though (hop spider during boil with pellet hops) so anything I can do to keep particles from leaving the boiler is a plus (I think I read that you use a plate chiller too Will? So you know where I am coming from... lol). Right now I am hoping that grinding my own malt will help matters, I also bought some oat husks to add to the grist. Using already crushed malt I got an insane quantity of grain particles making it into my pipework. My only concern would be it getting in the way of the flow from the anti scorch.

Oh and my estimates on brew fridge, well my wife is kinda picky... lol I only just persuaded her to get a refurb fridge freezer as a stop gap measure when our old one packed up right at the start of the panic buying.... We'd ordered a new one but obviously deliveries were taking longer. Even the refurb one cost nearly £200....
I know the feeling. It took me quite a while to persuade her that it was a good idea to let me drill through the door of brew fridge number 1 to create a kegerator. I’m pretty sure she didn’t actually calm down about until it was all done and dusted and she saw how professional it looked despite my limited DIY abilities.

I’m actually shocked she’s been so calm about the CO2 leak that followed the build and drained a 6kg tank in a week and a half.

We dabbled with the idea of a kegerator once, she informed me it would have to be a Mangrove Jacks one as no way was she letting me DIY one after the fiasco of the brewing system I built that cost more than something like a Brewmonk.... lmao

As to CO2, I used to have what's known as a high tech planted aquarium, running on a pressurised CO2 system using a 2kg fire extinguisher. Until I upgraded to a tank with a sump filtration system that is and went through 2kg of CO2 (£22....) in 1 month.... Wasn't even a leak, just the way the sump worked was driving off the CO2 from the water...... At which point she informed me that it was time to switch to lower lighting and plants that didn't need a high energy system. lol She didn't get much resistance, having to prune almost daily was exhausting! Even slow growing plants tend to go nuts for me usually.... I once made the mistake of buying some inch plant..... :laugh8:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back