Keg King's Round Table

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CEO Keg King

Reaction score
The team here at Keg King is stoked that we have finally got the chance to have a voice on this Forum. We will start by releasing some information about who we are and why we are here on a British Forum and then be happy to turn this into a kind of Q & A Session where we can help brewers and customers with things that need some assistance or clarification.

So lets get it underway. Our business is based in Melbourne, Australia and has been in the brew equipment business for over 12 years now. We have been on the international front since the start of 2018.People buying Kegmaster fridges, Intertaps etc need to be aware if they are not bought from our distributors then its nothing to do with us. I will append some of our certificates below and more are available if people have interest.

That said I have no intention of letting this negative subject dominate the thread but customers have a right to know who stands behind what. Rather let us work on what we hope to offer to brewers in the UK with the first container underway to Brew 2 Bottle who is our exclusive distributor in the UK.

Most importantly we want to tell all about our high quality PET fermenters which are sold under the name Fermentasaurus and Fermenter King. All our units come standard as pressure fermenters. You can remove the PRV if you want to use a bubbler but as more and more brewers are discovering how much better the beer is and it works quicker, we see pressure fermenting as the way to go especially at the prices that we have been able to achieve.Our units have not exploded and we achieve very high burst pressures due to the patented process by which our tanks are made. So its my job to make sure people understand that our tanks deserve their good reputation and not be lumped in with other stuff which cannot match the integrity and clarity of our tanks. Our tank manufacturing plant is in our factory in Australia and its capacity is about to be doubled due to the demand we have seen this year.

We look forward to answering your questions and helping you get more enjoyment from your hobby and passion. Our team is composed of people from many different disciplines but they all share a love of brewing and we keep improving the equipment we make. Sadly right now we have gone into a very hard lock down due to community transmission of the Covid Virus but we can still respond and will come through this in a few weeks with some new kit that we are designing as we isolate.

Attachments

• Fermentasauruscert1.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 155
  • Intertapcert1.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 140
Last edited by a moderator:
The team here at Keg King is stoked that we have finally got the chance to have a voice on this Forum. We will start by releasing some information about who we are and why we are here on a British Forum and then be happy to turn this into a kind of Q & A Session where we can help brewers and customers with things that need some assistance or clarification.

So lets get it underway. Our business is based in Melbourne, Australia and has been in the brew equipment business for over 12 years now. We have been on the international front since the start of 2018 although oEDITED OUT HERE AND ABOVE As a result many people believed they were buying a Keg King product when it was not. Still a number of distributors in Europe continue to use our names and trademarks despite being made aware that this is not right. People buying Kegmaster fridges, Intertaps etc need to be aware if they are not bought from our distributors then its nothing to do with us. I will append some of our certificates below and more are available if people have interest.

Edited out here and above. Rather let us work on what we hope to offer to brewers in the UK with the first container underway to Brew 2 Bottle who is our exclusive distributor in the UK.

Most importantly we want to tell all about our high quality PET fermenters which are sold under the name Fermentasaurus and Fermenter King. All our units come standard as pressure fermenters. You can remove the PRV if you want to use a bubbler but as more and more brewers are discovering how much better the beer is and it works quicker, we see pressure fermenting as the way to go especially at the prices that we have been able to achieve. Edited out here and above.. Our units have not exploded and we achieve very high burst pressures due to the patented process by which our tanks are made. So its my job to make sure people understand that our tanks deserve their good reputation and not be lumped in with other stuff which cannot match the integrity and clarity of our tanks. Our tank manufacturing plant is in our factory in Australia and its capacity is about to be doubled due to the demand we have seen this year.

We look forward to answering your questions and helping you get more enjoyment from your hobby and passion. Our team is composed of people from many different disciplines but they all share a love of brewing and we keep improving the equipment we make. Sadly right now we have gone into a very hard lock down due to community transmission of the Covid Virus but we can still respond and will come through this in a few weeks with some new kit that we are designing as we isolate.
Are the bits in bold really necessary? Am I to read into this that my gen1 Fermentasaurus isn’t the real deal?

When I saw you had joined the board and that you had created direct links with a U.K. brew store I got quite excited - I have a Gen 1 Fermentasaurus, have just moved into kegging and will probably be in the market for a new pressurised FV in the next 6-12 months - but I’ve been disappointed that your marketing approach appears to be to discredit the opposition rather than to promote your own products.

Most people on here couldn’t give a monkeys about the politics in the Australian home brew market, and there are a few of us here that use your competitors products and are happy with the quality of both companies’ products. I would happily use products from both companies, but it has felt over the last couple of weeks that you are trying to make us take sides.

How do we know if a product not bought directly from Brew2Bottle is genuine? Presumably they are not the only company selling? Don't B2B distribute to others?

Are the bits in bold really necessary? Am I to read into this that my gen1 Fermentasaurus isn’t the real deal?

When I saw you had joined the board and that you had created direct links with a U.K. brew store I got quite excited - I have a Gen 1 Fermentasaurus, have just moved into kegging and will probably be in the market for a new pressurised FV in the next 6-12 months - but I’ve been disappointed that your marketing approach appears to be to discredit the opposition rather than to promote your own products.

Most people on here couldn’t give a monkeys about the politics in the Australian home brew market, and there are a few of us here that use your competitors products and are happy with the quality of both companies’ products. I would happily use products from both companies, but it has felt over the last couple of weeks that you are trying to make us take sides.
Well to start with I have not posted on this site over the last couple of weeks. We did sell one container of the gen 2 FS to the Malt Miller in the UK. They can be upgraded easily and cheaply to gen 3 now. As I said I don't intend to let the other things dominate here so instead go to pressure fermenting. With our new units and upgrades everything is now geared towards pressure fermenting but you can downgrade to the other way if you wish. So no need to purchase extra kits.

How do we know if a product not bought directly from Brew2Bottle is genuine? Presumably they are not the only company selling? Don't B2B distribute to others?
Well as I said elsewhere we sold a container of gen 2 Fermentasaurus to the Malt Miller and you can easily tell the difference from the dump valve where the gen2 has recessed nuts and screws. Check it out on our website also www.keg-king.com.au. If in doubt send me a pic and I will soon tell you. Lots of things with Intertap written on them have nothing to do with our genuine ones though. Ours have the patent numbers on them. In any case we now have a strong distributor in the UK so lets move forward with the real thing.

Well firstly I am not on any board. Actually I act as CEO but I take not one cent of remuneration from Keg King. EDIT . We approached Geterbrewed some time ago but they did not respond to us.
When I say “the board” I’m referring to an online message board, ie these forums.

I think you can be a major asset the these forums, I just don’t like the snipes at the competitors.

Dumb question time: Is Keg King different to Keg Land?
Quote from 9L Ball Lock Corny Keg - Brand New

"These are made by the same manufacturer as Intertap faucets and the Robobrew all grain brewing system.
Premium brand new KegLand kegs rated to 130psi working pressure and are made using a robotic orbital welding machine and super smooth welding marks making them easier to clean. "

If so, is there a suggestion that they're not genuine, as it's not from brew2bottle?

...Brew 2 Bottle who is our exclusive distributor in the UK...

So basically we're too thick to be able to distinguish between Fermentasaurus and Fermzilla but somehow it's ok to be called Keg KIng when we're more familiar with King Keg. Sounds like kettles and pots to me.
I have no doubt you can distinguish them but as I said in an earlier post that my purpose is to show people that pressure fermenting in a good quality vessel is a good thing and don’t want people to confuse this with stuff that has an unhappy history of failing under even slight pressure. Lets get the thread back to how we can help improve your brewing experience.

One thing that I would encourage those of you who have interest is to join Keg King Connect on FB and I will also be providing lots of links soon to our videos and more. Sadly we are in stage 4 lockdown here so I cannot do it as quickly as I would like.

Dumb question time: Is Keg King different to Keg Land?
Quote from 9L Ball Lock Corny Keg - Brand New

"These are made by the same manufacturer as Intertap faucets and the Robobrew all grain brewing system.
Premium brand new KegLand kegs rated to 130psi working pressure and are made using a robotic orbital welding machine and super smooth welding marks making them easier to clean. "

If so, is there a suggestion that they're not genuine, as it's not from brew2bottle?
Kegland is not associated with Keg King but does have associations with the people in China who took our name for their domain in China. We have nothing to do with their products and Intertap is our trademark which they should not be using. I attached our trademark Certificate to my first post. We have high quality corny kegs and also high quality patented 20 litre PET Kegs with ball lock posts, A and D type valves.

Attachments

• 76AF6A1E-5EAD-4FB2-8D7E-67B84EF929B0.jpeg
    76AF6A1E-5EAD-4FB2-8D7E-67B84EF929B0.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 147
Leaving aside the Fermentasaurus/Fermzilla discussion for a minute, I think there are many people who would be interested in an upgrade for the pin valve in the King keg tops ( although I realise King Keg may not manufacture these valves ).
As an example I bought two of these for a couple of old Boots barrels, one worked fine the other leaked through the pin from new.
This is a common occurrence reading the threads on this board and puts a lot of people off using the KK barrels, as much of the time the valves are simply not fit for purpose.
There must be a gap in the market for a reliable alternative that doesn't require fettling/changing rubbers etc. from day one.
Meanwhile I have reverted back to my old school Boots tops without valves and reprime as necessary with sugar.

So...
Keg King supply Fermentasaurus
Kegland supply Fermzilla...
Both look the same and people think they are the same/upgraded or whatever product as originally supplied by Keg King...but they're not,and both companies are not connected.
Chinese rip offs are out there and being sold on as genuine knowingly or unknowingly by some retailers?
Am I on track here?
Could you supply a genuine outlet/supplier list?
What would you intend doing about non genuine retail outlets?
I suppose it's a clear case for trading standards especially in the UK...it's like those telly programmes where they raid sellers and importers of fake gear...

So...
Keg King supply Fermentasaurus
Kegland supply Fermzilla...
Both look the same and people think they are the same/upgraded or whatever product as originally supplied by Keg King...but they're not,and both companies are not connected.
Chinese rip offs are out there and being sold on as genuine knowingly or unknowingly by some retailers?
Am I on track here?
Could you supply a genuine outlet/supplier list?
What would you intend doing about non genuine retail outlets?
I suppose it's a clear case for trading standards especially in the UK...it's like those telly programmes where they raid sellers and importers of fake gear...

I think it's more a case of two Aussie companies being involved in a spat over IP and naming rights rather than counterfeit products. I'm sure the mods are keeping an eye out for potentially libellous/defamatory comments.

I think it's more a case of two Aussie companies being involved in a spat over IP and naming rights rather than counterfeit products. I'm sure the mods are keeping out for potentially libellous/defamatory comments.
That was my take on it reading this. More than likeky the same factory/factories in China producing both products 🤷🏼‍♂️

That was my take on it reading this. More than likeky the same factory/factories in China producing both products 🤷🏼‍♂️

Seemingly not. Keg King produce some of their products in Australia

No. The Fermentasaurus is manufactured in Australia. And trademarked. Chinese copies are just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back