Keg King's Round Table

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What Kelper said but I was rather long winded about it...plus I did state that retailers could be unaware products are not what they seem...as well as purchasers. You can buy all sorts of "genuine" stuff off the internet..the sellers don't exactly tell you it's a cheap,rebranded, substandard,non guaranteed item...like those hover boards that were all the rage years ago...blowing up,causing injury and fires.. definitely want the kids to have those..
If the OP says he didn't supply a particular retailer then there's not many options to choose as to where the stuff came from and is it genuine...facts!

Interesting...what is unauthorized distribution?
Through a distributor who isn’t one of KK’s authorised distribution routes. They’ve said they’ve never supplied GEB, they haven’t directly said the GEB-supplied units aren’t genuine.

This is starting to sound like a plot out home and away. Is Alf Stewart involved in any of this. 🤔
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I'm chuckling now at this :)

The GetErBrewed units are real, don't worry. They will have come through a distribution channel out of Europe which will close once their current stocks are depleted.

Hmmm red crown caps next I think...

I am frankly glad there is now going to be a greater variety of gadgets and gizmos to come from all this turf war. KK and KL.

Brew2bottle have done well to be exclusive supplier of KK (kudos) as this will and should drive competitive innovation from both companies to get a bigger share of the UK market.

Off topic I'm sure but my 2p

I am frankly glad there is now going to be a greater variety of gadgets and gizmos to come from all this turf war. KK and KL.

Brew2bottle have done well to be exclusive supplier of KK (kudos) as this will and should drive competitive innovation from both companies to get a bigger share of the UK market.

Off topic I'm sure but my 2p
It went off topic long ago (partly my fault, sorry). Thanks to B2B for being the voice of reason throughout this thread though.

I echo these sentiments. Both companies are behind some really good, forward thinking bits of kit and having both companies’ kit available on the U.K. market with direct relationships with retailers will benefit all of us. Hopefully their history will eventually push them to try and outdo each other rather than just bad mouthing each other as well - this already appears to be happening because it looks like the snub nose comes complete with pressure kit whereas the all rounder has it as an optional extra.

Last edited:
Until it explodes wink...:laugh8:
Well... I did put it up to 32psi the last brew. I had horrible visions of coming down each morning to an explosion or hoppy liquid everywhere.

It was tense but also might prove that looking after it maybe might mean they don't all blow up?

@Keg King - Do you have a list of all your products that are available in the UK or will be?
And do you have a pipeline of what new innovative things you are planning down the line?

I'm also interested in the roadmap for products.

What I would really want is a pressure fermenter with about the same profile as a 30l bucket, so it will fit in an undercounter fridge. I think the snubnose is just that bit too tall.

I'm also interested in the roadmap for products.

What I would really want is a pressure fermenter with about the same profile as a 30l bucket, so it will fit in an undercounter fridge. I think the snubnose is just that bit too tall.

As it happens they do they do they do... if you take a look at our site at the Fermenter King Jnr, which is a 20ltr tank... there is a 30ltr version coming, although will be the next container I think, they deffo missed the one on the ocean. Will be aptly named the Chubby Jnr. I believe you should be able to fit a chubby and a 20ltr jnr in a fridge at the same time.

The snub nose defintely fit in kegerators, might not in some under counter fridges though depending on where the manufacturer decided to put all of the gubbins.

As it happens they do they do they do... if you take a look at our site at the Fermenter King Jnr, which is a 20ltr tank... there is a 30ltr version coming, although will be the next container I think, they deffo missed the one on the ocean. Will be aptly named the Chubby Jnr. I believe you should be able to fit a chubby and a 20ltr jnr in a fridge at the same time.

The snub nose defintely fit in kegerators, might not in some under counter fridges though depending on where the manufacturer decided to put all of the gubbins.
I like the look of the Fermenter King Jr, although it’s maybe a bit small. I watched the video and the keg version looks pretty smart too (will it still be called King Keg in the U.K. given the pressure barrel of the same name) as long as it’s cheaper than cornies.

Last edited:
I like the look of the Fermenter King Jr, although it’s maybe a bit small. I watched the video and the keg version looks pretty smart too (will it still be called King Keg in the U.K. given the pressure barrel of the same name) as long as it’s cheaper than cornies.
yeah these seem like a really great option. they also have the float line which you have to modify with cornies. gonna check out their sounding valves. then this could be a possible all in one solution and just serve from the fermenter.

The compressor hump in my fridge is always the pain - tbh I was going to go for a kegland all rounder as it would fit.

But if there are new toys coming ...!

This is how I understood it. It all seems very complicated and I’ve been trying to find out more information over lunchtime.

It looks like back in 2017 KK had their own dedicated factory in China (Brewing Entrepreneurs – Kee Doery)

Later that year it appears there was a rather acrimonious split within KK, one of their directors left and either set up or went to work for Kegland. Note that the guy in the article above is the guy who now appears in all of KLs online videos.

From the hearsay on the articles/forums that came up on my research it looks like he managed to take the Chinese factory/distributor with him and also tried to take a lot of the rights to KK products with him.

KK meanwhile have tried to maintain the rights to these products and switched their selling point to emphasising that they primarily manufacture in Australia. There was a court case around the ex-director’s conduct (use of KK inside-info to benefit KL) which KK won (https://aussiehomebrewer.com/attach...118120/?hash=27949d3ca6e330090265badb5ad2d443). KL subsequently surrendered the Intertap trademark dispute and put their efforts into developing and marketing the Nukatap

From this, I suspect/theorise/speculate it’s not so much that it’s “dodgy” or fake Fermentasauri that have made their way to the U.K. but Unauthorised distribution resulting from the KK/KL feud. Certainly my Fermentasaurus is stamped with Made in Australia (box and instructions say the same) .

I wonder when the Netflix commissioned docu-drama about this fascinating saga will be released...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back