Keg King's Round Table

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are 20 litres and available with A or D type valves. The neck mounted PRV goes at 4.5 bar. Burst pressure is between 8.5 to 10 bar. The silver finish versions have a proper oxygen barrier and are suitable for longer term storage of beer. Price in very large volumes ex our works in Australia is just over US$10 but we will have them to the Australian craft brewers around AUD$30 in small qty. They will be on the Keg King Pro website soon.
is that $30AUD retail price or wholesale? I assume wholesale and when they make their way over here they’d be around the same price as the Jr? Either way that’s a cracking price, especially if they have the floating dip tube to take the liquid from the top.

Last edited:
I take it that is the snub nose on the right for size comparison?

See, equipment like that speaks for itself. It’s a beaut!
JitteryWiltedDoe-size_restricted.gif
Yes you are right and they do not blow up until we take them to very high pressures with PRVs blocked. Also they are designed to fail safe and split open rather have things that fly off. Attached pic is a 60 litre that went at 6.5 bar. Note how strong the neck region is and the clean opening when it went. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. The smaller vessels have even higher ratings.

Attachments

• 181F2BBB-3CDE-45C0-A164-4A89DD0F84AE.jpeg
    181F2BBB-3CDE-45C0-A164-4A89DD0F84AE.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 85
This has been an entertaining thread.

Nonetheless, I'm looking for pressure fermenters, I have the fermzilla which I quite like, but it's a bit tiresome having to clean and sanitise all those parts, and there are a lot of parts to leak pressure as well.

I'm quite interested in the all rounder, or the KK snubnose, what would be the advantage of the snubnose over the all rounder? I can see the snubnose has a conical base which would make yeast collection easier, but is there anything else?

The kegs look interesting, perhaps a cheaper way to get into kegs than cornies?
Most important thing with pressure fermenters is you don’t want something that can go bang in the night or worse when you are next to it. Apart from the physical danger the loss of your beer is not something to cheer. The snubnose keeps the 60 degree angle which is ideal for yeast action. Also the new gen 3 lid being released now lets you have a dry hopping port in the top, a Thermowell down the middle and use of that Thermowell tube to tether the floating pick up and keep it in the middle where there is less chance of it picking up stuff that tends to stick to the wall.

is that $30AUD retail price or wholesale? I assume wholesale and when they make their way over here they’d be around the same price as the Jr? Either way that’s a cracking price, especially if they have the floating dip tube to take the liquid from the top.
That is the end user price and should not be much higher in the UK.

Spot on MyQul.

I read the first part first thing this morning and was hoping it wasn't going to go the same way as the locked thread you mentioned above but of course it has and as its been here most of the day there's not much point in removing posts now or locking it, leaving it open will hopefully keep all the mud slinging in the one thread which is the only positive i can come up with.
Thanks Chippy and I really don’t want to do anything but work on showing people why our gear is good but I can see some pretty solid baiting going on here. How about we suggest to people they message me privately on those issues if they really want the truth and just keep this thread about equipment for brewing?

$30AU is under £20 - that’s amazing!

Do we have an estimated U.K. date?
Well not sure of shipping charges or import duties so I will leave the pricing to our disti. With you guys Brexiting I have no idea of what landed costs in the UK will be but can quote our prices in Australia only. Home brewers here are quite spoilt.

Well not sure of shipping charges or import duties so I will leave the pricing to our disti. With you guys Brexiting I have no idea of what landed costs in the UK will be but can quote our prices in Australia only. Home brewers here are quite spoilt.
Even at double the price quoted it’s a bargain.

You do own the Fermentasaurus trademark, from April 2020 when it changed ownership, but why then use this to twist things, change the past and use it to call UK homebrew equipment retailers suppliers of fake and counterfeit goods who have sold the products years ago.

View attachment 30551

And I only know about this trademark change because you contacted me couple of weeks later on 4/May/2020 to tell me to stop selling products. Of course this will happen, and already seeing changes on UK equipment retailers like moving from Intertap to Nukatap for example, we are doing the same

It is misleading to be telling people they have in the past bought couterfeit/fake products because of this and just typical of what you guys do regarding rewriting history, twisting things and your own quite unusual and distasteful marketing style

If you don't want negativity then don't bring up the KK/KL stuff followed by saying you don't want any negativity

We bought and sold fermentasarus for a short while a few years back, purchased from the manufacturer of Fermentasaurus, who also it turns out was the legal owner of the Australian trademark at that time

It was never a case of selling fake Keg King products whatsoever or any Keg King products, no mention of Keg King at all.

I understand there were legal battles over following years with ownership and IP and that some form of settlement involving change of some trademark ownership in Australia on the 22/April/2020 earlier this year (image from oz gov ip website above)

But how is it possibly right to start telling consumers they now have fake/counterfeit products purchased years ago because there was a change of ownership of the trademark in 22 April 2020

You cannot rewrite history based on something that happened a few months ago. You think back in 2017 we should be predicting the future and saying we are selling Keg King Fermentasaurus instead of just selling the Fermentasaurus

Also today I think it is quite clear that KegLand sell the Fermzilla and KegKing sell the Fermentasaurus.

We havent sold Keg King products, because they were not Keg King products, and didnt advertise them as Keg King products, and this is not in any kind of deceptive way either

I think you would be better off just stopping with all this stuff Will, I dont think its not doing your company any good.

I know you keep asking us to distribute your products, but it exactly all this kind of stuff what really puts me off doing it
Not going there again even though I could add plenty to make ears burn. Would love to have you sell our gear and you would do well from doing so I suspect. Let’s keep it to making good beer and how best to store and dispense it. As a fellow biker can we do that?

The bike is a 1979 Honda cx500 v twin i bought it in 2004 kept it for 12 years put 70,000 miles on it all over the uk and France, they will cruise all day fully loaded at 80mph the did 650 versions and turbo's, there are 1000,s still on the road you can drop the engine in a hour with the oil and water still in, check out the cx clubs world wide, and its still on the road athumb..

We have discussed the previous locked thread and this one in the mods area and we have decided not to lock it, i think by now all members are aware of what has gone on so there is little point in endlessly going over the same old ground CEO KK wants to use the thread to discuss his entry into the U.K marketplace so can we now let him do that and drop all the nasty stuff, thanks.

Can't believe I missed this thread until now. Shame, I am all out of pop corn.

I do have an interest in your products.

I am looking to pressure ferment and harvest yeast and was thinking of the the FS2. You mentioned FS3, can ibuave more details. Also are there any other alternatives. Those PET kegs look good.

This has been an entertaining thread.

Nonetheless, I'm looking for pressure fermenters, I have the fermzilla which I quite like, but it's a bit tiresome having to clean and sanitise all those parts, and there are a lot of parts to leak pressure as well.

I'm quite interested in the all rounder, or the KK snubnose, what would be the advantage of the snubnose over the all rounder? I can see the snubnose has a conical base which would make yeast collection easier, but is there anything else?

The kegs look interesting, perhaps a cheaper way to get into kegs than cornies?
Yes the Snubnose with the cone helps for yeast collection and more importantly getting the last dregs out of the fermenter. The other two options the Junior and the Chubby Junior are a good choice if wanting to serve direct from the fermenter. They all come as standard with the pressure kit, the all rounder doesn't.
001.JPG
001.JPG

Whatever you get be it any of the Fermentasaurus or the Fermzilla family before you use them for pressure fermenting check out the neck of the vessel for stress fractures, if you see them, you have a dud so return it.
stress fracture.jpg

The bike is a 1979 Honda cx500 v twin i bought it in 2004 kept it for 12 years put 70,000 miles on it all over the uk and France, they will cruise all day fully loaded at 80mph the did 650 versions and turbo's, there are 1000,s still on the road you can drop the engine in a hour with the oil and water still in, check out the cx clubs world wide, and its still on the road athumb..
Actually a mate of mine had one of those I recall now. Love the bike and might get out for a quick run today. Without lockdown I can only go 5 kilometres from home to buy food right now and if caught its a $1600 fine. You know I have found bikes and aircraft both of which I love to be real connecting point around the world for people. That is after beer of course.

Those of us who bought gen 1s know they are genuine, and read about the legal fun at the time (it delayed the release of the 2nd gen for example). Me, I just wanted to see if he was ever going to respond to the fact that my gen 1 was purchased from The Malt Miller. I'm going to just move on now, as I'd suggest that rather than counterfeits Keg-King just weren't aware that some of their products were been sold here earlier than they knew, mine even came in a keg-king.com.au box...

Kelper, fair enough bud, I was just pretty much giving a facetious reply, to be honest, to your suggestion I ignore this thread, to make a point basically. Hence the smiley.

Anyway, moving in a better direction, I'd certainly have interest in a conversion kit for the butterfly valve for sure. The sticky yeast problem with gen 1s is a nuisance.
The Malt Miller may have got some gen 1 and they definitely got gen 2 from us. If you send me a pic of the box I can tell and will send you a gen 2 butterfly valve for it or even better a gen 3 upgrade kit free of charge if you are willing to cover the postage from Oz. PM me if you want more info as I really do not want to get off the track here.

Can't believe I missed this thread until now. Shame, I am all out of pop corn.

I do have an interest in your products.

I am looking to pressure ferment and harvest yeast and was thinking of the the FS2. You mentioned FS3, can ibuave more details. Also are there any other alternatives. Those PET kegs look good.
The information on the gen 3 is on our website www.keg-king.com.au and B2B will have them on the shelves early next month I think. They come in 35 and 60 litre capacity.

Attachments

• C0DD8B79-CA24-4675-8A48-FC91944B71BE.jpeg
    C0DD8B79-CA24-4675-8A48-FC91944B71BE.jpeg
    37.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Te
Thank you. I will keep an eye out for them.

How easy are they to lift once full? With no handle I am not sure how I will transport from brewing area to my fridge.

The thirty five is not too bad but the 60 litre we put castors on the stand so just wheel it around gently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darren gave me some of the cleaner to try on my kettle to remove beer stone I didn't think it would work as I had already tried oxalic acid. It worked within 20 minutes at 60 C but using it cooler temps takes longer, I have used sodium perborate in cold water overnight and that works but leaves a film. The film does wipe off, I use a toilet brush with a soft cloth wrapped around it.
You could make one of these easily with a spray ball.
View attachment 30517
Was that a new toilet brush or did you just sterilise an old one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back