Keg King's Round Table

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to put up a picture of a Lauter Helix that we sell for the Guten (Klarstein, Hopcat etc) breweries in Australia. Wondering if people in the UK are aware of the uses of such an item and if it would be of interest.
I'd definitely be interested in one of those bad boys 👍

We dabbled with the idea of a kegerator once, she informed me it would have to be a Mangrove Jacks one as no way was she letting me DIY one after the fiasco of the brewing system I built that cost more than something like a Brewmonk.... lmao

As to CO2, I used to have what's known as a high tech planted aquarium, running on a pressurised CO2 system using a 2kg fire extinguisher. Until I upgraded to a tank with a sump filtration system that is and went through 2kg of CO2 (£22....) in 1 month.... Wasn't even a leak, just the way the sump worked was driving off the CO2 from the water...... At which point she informed me that it was time to switch to lower lighting and plants that didn't need a high energy system. lol She didn't get much resistance, having to prune almost daily was exhausting! Even slow growing plants tend to go nuts for me usually.... I once made the mistake of buying some inch plant..... :laugh8:
You might me interested to know that we are also making an aquarium version of the Thermentor King. It will heat and cool. Maybe not much need for cooling in the UK but here a lot of people get fish stressed to death when temps go to 44C like we are having each year now in Melbourne.

You might me interested to know that we are also making an aquarium version of the Thermentor King. It will heat and cool. Maybe not much need for cooling in the UK but here a lot of people get fish stressed to death when temps go to 44C like we are having each year now in Melbourne.

That may prove popular on the marine side, and freshwater shrimp hobby. I used to keep freshwater shrimp myself (sorry for the offtopic again folks) and many popular species really struggle with water temps above about 22 degrees C, and drop dead really easily even here in the UK in warmer weather. Many a hobbyist who scrambles for bottles of icewater to float in their tank, turns the lights off and sits a fan to blow across the surface... Then there is the amphibian hobby, where species like newts and axlotls don't like it warm either, newts usually been kept in outside sheds with no windows (just vents) to try to keep them cooler (I used to run an amphibian keepers society... lmao). I am so going to get a name on here for going off topic, after all these years... lol

I did actually manage to find lauter helix been sold still, but as bazookas, and at almost £50 each.... For that you can get a brew builder DX filter.

Last edited:
I know the feeling. It took me quite a while to persuade her that it was a good idea to let me drill through the door of brew fridge number 1 to create a kegerator. I’m pretty sure she didn’t actually calm down about until it was all done and dusted and she saw how professional it looked despite my limited DIY abilities.

I’m actually shocked she’s been so calm about the CO2 leak that followed the build and drained a 6kg tank in a week and a half.
Best to spend a bit of time checking the CO2 setup as it does not take long for even minor leaks to waste a lot of CO2. In Australia we are just releasing a little 0.9Kg cylinder to keep around as a spare for those times when there is beer in the keg but the big cylinder just ran out. Checking to see what thread we have to provide for the UK but it will be possible.

Attachments

• F3D6EA66-3D35-41B3-B750-CEED135EF43F.jpeg
    F3D6EA66-3D35-41B3-B750-CEED135EF43F.jpeg
    9.6 KB · Views: 126
That may prove popular on the marine side, and freshwater shrimp hobby. I used to keep freshwater shrimp myself (sorry for the offtopic again folks) and many popular species really struggle with water temps above about 22 degrees C, and drop dead really easily even here in the UK in warmer weather. Many a hobbyist who scrambles for bottles of icewater to float in their tank, turns the lights off and sits a fan to blow across the surface... Then there is the amphibian hobby, where species like newts and axlotls don't like it warm either, newts usually been kept in outside sheds with no windows (just vents) to try to keep them cooler (I used to run an amphibian keepers society... lmao). I am so going to get a name on here for going off topic, after all these years... lol

I did actually manage to find lauter helix been sold still, but as bazookas, and at almost £50 each.... For that you can get a brew builder DX filter.
Well the thread has gone to the dogs, the bunnies and now the fishes. Oh dear what have I started here. Please forgive us for the digression. We were quite surprised in our retail section to find a lot of brewers who kept fish and were buying the aquarium regulators and CO2 bottles from us. Must be the enjoyment of contemplating a nice planter aquarium with a nice cold one in hand .....

Seeing we got to talking about Kegerators I wanted to share some images of what one of our customers who bought a 2 door Super Deluxe unit from us earlier this year did with it. The super deluxe range has variants from 1 to 3 doors and is constructed from 430 Stainless on the outside and 304 on the inside. They are suited for use in homes, small cafes and restaurants. They are rated for operation up to 43 degrees Celcius ambient temperatures. The smallest unit holds 4 cornices and the largest up to 20.

Check out what our customer did with his. Whilst some go to the hospitality sector the bulk actually seem to be going to mancaves.The fonts are available in black also as are our Ultrataps.

Attachments

• EB6392BA-06FF-4874-A65A-9C0581486200.jpeg
    EB6392BA-06FF-4874-A65A-9C0581486200.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 83212B0E-2516-40B5-ACFF-6CD9C64F3B4E.jpeg
    83212B0E-2516-40B5-ACFF-6CD9C64F3B4E.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 199
  • 93A9A801-95AA-48BD-884C-510AC2716417.jpeg
    93A9A801-95AA-48BD-884C-510AC2716417.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 209
  • 80BBB26F-1B2C-4376-944D-E962F30B91D0.jpeg
    80BBB26F-1B2C-4376-944D-E962F30B91D0.jpeg
    39.9 KB · Views: 207
  • A2C4462D-D220-4B2E-A861-BB9E4A8FF969.jpeg
    A2C4462D-D220-4B2E-A861-BB9E4A8FF969.jpeg
    48.2 KB · Views: 203
One point which we have neglected to talk about on the Gen 3 Fermenters is that they come standard with a 2” tri clover adaptor for those who want to set up something other than our collection bottle. Previously we have seen folks making up all sorts of thing there so decided to make life easy with this handy adaptor that is included.

Attachments

• 14F3703D-CD0D-4118-ADA3-7CE71FE48904.jpeg
    14F3703D-CD0D-4118-ADA3-7CE71FE48904.jpeg
    21.5 KB · Views: 161
  • D4F6C5BA-956D-4117-831E-A98BB865EE6C.jpeg
    D4F6C5BA-956D-4117-831E-A98BB865EE6C.jpeg
    22.4 KB · Views: 169
Seeing we got to talking about Kegerators I wanted to share some images of what one of our customers who bought a 2 door Super Deluxe unit from us earlier this year did with it. The super deluxe range has variants from 1 to 3 doors and is constructed from 430 Stainless on the outside and 304 on the inside. They are suited for use in homes, small cafes and restaurants. They are rated for operation up to 43 degrees Celcius ambient temperatures. The smallest unit holds 4 cornices and the largest up to 20.

Check out what our customer did with his. Whilst some go to the hospitality sector the bulk actually seem to be going to mancaves.The fonts are available in black also as are our Ultrataps.
That timber looks like Messmate, hard to believe that it used to be used for fencing.

With the imminent arrival of the Fermenter King range in the UK lets open up some discussion about which vessel suits your purpose and needs. Going from 20 litres to 60 litres all our PET fermenters come standard with pressure lids. These are the highest rating PET vessels on the market and if you want to know how to make better beer with better flavours then please join Keg King Connect so that you can keep up to date and also check out the latest videos on how to use the gear.

6F211D63-0F55-4A9E-A01A-6A5368A813AC.png

Last edited:
Well, I had been thinking about a Jr. My wife just pretty much vetoed fermenting under pressure though..... I think she still remembers my foray into high tech planted aquaria (I still have the CO2 regulator, needle valve and solenoid valve from back then. lol).

We sorted the jacket piercing "feet" on my gen 1 stand by the way. Amazing what you can achieve by sitting your wife down with a padsaw and some problematic sticky out metal feet..... ;) Her idea by the way, I did the first one, she did the other 3..... Now the jacket goes on with ease.

Just my luck i stumble across this thread! I was actually chatting to you guys via YouTube and asking if anyone in the uk were going to get onto stocking your stuff! At that time you hadn’t even sorted a supplier out, so me being impatient as always I just couldn’t wait any longer! I’ve been saving for almost a year, and ended up buying a full on, conical fermenters and glycol setup instead : ( I enjoy watching all your YouTube content and was getting frustrated being teased! Otherwise I would have ended up with everything you sell. Such a shame, but I wish you guys all the best of luck

Well, I had been thinking about a Jr. My wife just pretty much vetoed fermenting under pressure though..... I think she still remembers my foray into high tech planted aquaria (I still have the CO2 regulator, needle valve and solenoid valve from back then. lol).

We sorted the jacket piercing "feet" on my gen 1 stand by the way. Amazing what you can achieve by sitting your wife down with a padsaw and some problematic sticky out metal feet..... ;) Her idea by the way, I did the first one, she did the other 3..... Now the jacket goes on with ease.
Great to see that kind of DIY attitude.

Just my luck i stumble across this thread! I was actually chatting to you guys via YouTube and asking if anyone in the uk were going to get onto stocking your stuff! At that time you hadn’t even sorted a supplier out, so me being impatient as always I just couldn’t wait any longer! I’ve been saving for almost a year, and ended up buying a full on, conical fermenters and glycol setup instead : ( I enjoy watching all your YouTube content and was getting frustrated being teased! Otherwise I would have ended up with everything you sell. Such a shame, but I wish you guys all the best of luck
Well then we will just have to find other things that we can get you interested in. It took us some time to find the rightpartner in the UK. It was all looking good a couple of times but in the end I am glad that it was B2B we ended up with. Now we are looking forward to them getting their first container next week so that people can see what good value our products are and how they makle brewing better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back