Keg King's Round Table

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to put up a picture of a Lauter Helix that we sell for the Guten (Klarstein, Hopcat etc) breweries in Australia. Wondering if people in the UK are aware of the uses of such an item and if it would be of interest.

I'm keen to see these in the UK. How does it handle hop pellets and kettle trub?

I'm keen to see these in the UK. How does it handle hop pellets and kettle trub?
First time I used it I was interested in what got past the helix so put a 300 micron filter under the out flow.
010.JPG

That is all I caught.
012.JPG

This was the clarity straight out of the kettle. This was a 'no chill' so as that wort in the glass cooled the cold break started to appear. And that is all that went into the cubes, wort and cold break which is beneficial to yeast, though not all of it.
011.JPG

First time I used it I was interested in what got past the helix so put a 300 micron filter under the out flow.
View attachment 31684
That is all I caught.
View attachment 31685
This was the clarity straight out of the kettle. This was a 'no chill' so as that wort in the glass cooled the cold break started to appear. And that is all that went into the cubes, wort and cold break which is beneficial to yeast, though not all of it.
View attachment 31686
I'm curious how much does it restricts the flow when transferring? Looks promising.

I'm curious how much does it restricts the flow when transferring? Looks promising.
If you are doing 'no chill', because the viscosity is so low transferring hot wort it is like there is no restriction at all, empty's the kettle very quickly.
This is in the BM.
003.JPG

Any blockages with cooled wort? At the moment I open my ball valve and close it when I start dumping too much trub/hop material into the fermenter.

I just don't bother with standard filters as they block up.too easily.

Any blockages with cooled wort? At the moment I open my ball valve and close it when I start dumping too much trub/hop material into the fermenter.

I just don't bother with standard filters as they block up.too easily.
It will not run on a standard 1 meter helix because of the higher viscosity, minimum is two meters or more for a greater surface area to make it work on cooled wort.

I’m tempted by the new Fermenter King Snub Nose 60L but I can’t find the dimensions to see if it will fit in my brew fridge?

I think it may go in with the stand inverted but I’d like to be sure before I order one.

Any idea when the chubby will arrive in the UK and what it will cost. And dimensions if possible

The King Jnr's are on a boat now and that is expected into port around the 6th Sept, so all being well should be in our warehouse around the 10th September.

The Spunding valves are on a seperate shipment though that are going to be a few weeks after that.

just checking the website and I have noticed these have not been stocked yet, are they all sold out or delayed in transit? and any idea when they will be ready? would love to get my hands on one to do some all in one fermenting serving.

Hey

Sorry they have been delayed... boats seem to take forever these days from anywhere in the world but the Jnr's, G3 and Snub noses should be delivered to us on Friday 18th, the boat is due into port tomorrow :)

The 60ltr are going to be a little longer I'm afraid. The Chubby's we'll be getting on a new order soon and should be here in time for crimbo.

Hey

Sorry they have been delayed... boats seem to take forever these days from anywhere in the world but the Jnr's, G3 and Snub noses should be delivered to us on Friday 18th, the boat is due into port tomorrow :)

The 60ltr are going to be a little longer I'm afraid. The Chubby's we'll be getting on a new order soon and should be here in time for crimbo.
thanks and yes same story with our business and late vessels, so I definitely understand.

any chance for a pre order?

We have about 300 of the Jnr's arriving on Friday but if you do want to pre-order one by all means if you ring in and ask to speak to Martyn he can sort that out for you.

The reason we haven't taken pre-orders so far is because we take your money once the order is placed on the site and we didn't want to do that until we knew exactly when they were arriving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back