Keg post question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi , I recently got a couple of reconditioned Kegs. The posts have 2 x O rings on them, is this normal. Most of the videos and information I can find only seemed to have 1. Are their different types or have I been given a spare that I need to take off?
IMG_20200428_123953.jpg

Hi , I recently got a couple of reconditioned Kegs. The posts have 2 x O rings on them, is this normal. Most of the videos and information I can find only seemed to have 1. Are their different types or have I been given a spare that I need to take off?View attachment 25073
Same for me - did you get them from BreKegTap? I also had the same query as I couldn't seen how you can dimsantle them for cleaning / sanitizing like the other models (which, as you say have plenty of pics / vids about)

Same for me - did you get them from BreKegTap? I also had the same query as I couldn't seen how you can dimsantle them for cleaning / sanitizing like the other models (which, as you say have plenty of pics / vids about)
Hi , yes from Brewkegtap. I got 2 kegs , one has beer in it now and is working fine. But as this is the first time owning kegs I don't have any frame of reference to how easy or hard it should be to remove the beer/gas lines.

same mate! Though I don't appear to be having much difficulty getting them on and off to be fair

All the ones that I’ve had from THBC have had two on the posts too. I’ve not changed anything and they all work fine, to be honest I’d never thought about it until I saw this post

All the ones that I’ve had from THBC have had two on the posts too. I’ve not changed anything and they all work fine, to be honest I’d never thought about it until I saw this post

How do you dismantle them for cleaning? The others seem to break down into smaller components but I can't see how this type do?

Think it unscrews at the base ,but haven't checked yet.:roll:

so, once you've taken off the keg, you can then unscrew the base of the unit from the rest of the unit? Can't see how there'd be anything to grip onto to enable that?

I think we may be talkingbat cross purposes! I know how to remove the post from the keg if thats what you mean

Hi , I recently got a couple of reconditioned Kegs. The posts have 2 x O rings on them, is this normal. Most of the videos and information I can find only seemed to have 1. Are their different types or have I been given a spare that I need to take off?View attachment 25073
This is interesting - I bought a reconditioned keg from MM and it is exactly the same... I wonder whether they gat them from the same supplier?

I think we may be talkingbat cross purposes! I know how to remove the post from the keg if thats what you mean
More than likely:laugh8: I haven't tried yet so I only know what I have seen on YouTube. I did email Jonny from Brewkegtap so I will see what he replies

so, once you've taken off the keg, you can then unscrew the base of the unit from the rest of the unit? Can't see how there'd be anything to grip onto to enable that?

I use a deep socket (22mm I think) so’s not to do any damage to the post. This just screws out and the dip tube lift out along with the ‘o’ rings. Just remember which post goes with which tube. I just soak them in some beer line cleaner for 15-20 mins them rinse well with cold water, re-assemble, pressure test and fill with beer.

I use a deep socket (22mm I think) so’s not to do any damage to the post. This just screws out and the dip tube lift out along with the ‘o’ rings. Just remember which post goes with which tube. I just soak them in some beer line cleaner for 15-20 mins them rinse well with cold water, re-assemble, pressure test and fill with beer.

yeh I do the same. but I've also seen vids where people have taken the actual posts apart to clean the valves / poppets / springs out inside to enable a decent through clean. But I have what appear to be different posts to most (as shown in the pic in the OP) and it doesn't appear possible to remove any such valve from them

Hi Dave - I just asked this question to Rob at the malt miller and he told me that the kegs use an o-ring which is now very difficult to get hold of, but two regular ones work just as well, hence the double o-ring set up. Good to know!

Hi Dave - I just asked this question to Rob at the malt miller and he told me that the kegs use an o-ring which is now very difficult to get hold of, but two regular ones work just as well, hence the double o-ring set up. Good to know!
Cheers , thanks for the info. Good workathumb..

Back