Keg pressure

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve D

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure whats going on but I cant get pressure in my king keg. There are no leaks. I fitted a Schrader valve so that I can monitor the pressure but the pressure is not enough to show a reading on the pressure gauge. When I give it a blast of C02 the pressure relief kicks in. How mush pressure should I expect to get before the pressure relief valve gives way?

I'm not quite sure whats going on but I cant get pressure in my king keg. There are no leaks. I fitted a Schrader valve so that I can monitor the pressure but the pressure is not enough to show a reading on the pressure gauge. When I give it a blast of C02 the pressure relief kicks in. How mush pressure should I expect to get before the pressure relief valve gives way?
Most PBs should be stamped with 'Maximum Working Pressure n psi', If it's not then it's usually 10 or 15 psig, although. the rubber band RV should vent just before then.
However if you are trying to pressurise the PB and you are certain there is no internal pressure but the RV vents it sounds like you need to replace the rubber band because its faulty. If I remember correctly one of the KK users on here was suggesting that this needs to be done on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Oh right... I didn't know that.
Thanks

Can I buy a rubber band or do I have to get the complete valve?

I used to put a spot of vaseline between the valve and rubber band to help with this. Give it a try and you might find it works too.

Latest posts

Back