Keg Setup

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saisonator

Landlord.
Reaction score
I wondered if anybody can recommend a place to buy a two keg, kegorator kit.
I need kegs, taps lines etc. I have the fridge and inkbird ready.

Another vote for BKT here. Ordered a 10L minikeg Sodastream setup last month, and loved it so much that my parents have bought me a 2 tap kegerator kit for my birthday next week.

They made me “inspect” the package when I was at theirs last weekend to check everything was in order and it all looks great.

I think they’ve sold out of kegs and regulators at the moment though so it might be a week or 2 before everything is back in stock.

I need to work out if the kegs will fit at 23cm wide, I know the internal width of my fridge is narrower that 46cm but I may be able to offset them slightly.
I guess the best way is to cut out two 23cm in diameter circles and see how they look.
I know the new Chinese ones are narrower but I try when I can to avoid buying Chinese products now, almost impossible task I know.

BrewKegTap are great. I recently ordered one of the two keg conversion kits. No issues getting delievered. It's probably the best priced you'll find, and the kits are customisable if you want better equipment.

I guess the best way is to cut out two 23cm in diameter circles and see how they look.
I know the new Chinese ones are narrower but I try when I can to avoid buying Chinese products now, almost impossible task I know.
Definitely cut out circles to test, and check the height where you plan to place them as I know many fridges have a ledge in them, so if a keg is on the ledge it will sit higher than one that is not.

I recently got a new Italian (AEB) corny that was slimmer at 210mm in diameter as opposed to 230mm that the reconditioned ones are. Of course, slimmer also means taller for a given volume.

I tried 23cm circles of card in there, two won’t fit. So it’s either a 19L and a 12L or possibly two slim 19L, need to cut out some 21cm circles tomorrow.

I got all my gear from Neil at Naked Keg. Just search on eBay for his shop and email him to put a bundle together for you. Super helpful.

I am considering getting a two keg reconditioned kegorator kit from BKT.
I will probably need to sell one of the kegs to replace it with a new 12 litre keg. Due to lacking space for two full sized kegs in my kegorato.
How much do you think I could get for an unused reconditioned keg?

I will probably need to sell one of the kegs to replace it with a new 12 litre keg. Due to lacking space for two full sized kegs in my kegorato.
Jonny from BKT is very helpful. If you contact him he might be able to do you a deal where he provides one full size and one smaller corny instead of 2 full size kegs with the kegerator kit.

From what I see they retain their value quite well. Is it 19L ball lock?

From what I see they retain their value quite well. Is it 19L ball lock?
Jonny from BKT is very helpful. If you contact him he might be able to do you a deal where he provides one full size and one smaller corny instead of 2 full size kegs with the kegerator kit.
He only does 9.5 litre, I mostly do 12 litre batches and I don’t want to do any bottling. So 12 litre kegs are ideal.

Latest posts

Back