• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Kegarator Wanted.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Class68driver

Reaction score
Long shot I know but I always prefer to see if I can upcycle something rather than buy new. Looking for a kegarator, happy to collect and pay cash. Cheers šŸ»

I would recommend Brewkegtap just check the fridge will take 2 wider kegs . I started with the 1 keg setup in my garage in the winter no need for a fridge . Then found a fridge on Gumtree the Kegerator is very simple to do and I am a complete DIY idiot . Though when i bought my 2nd keg my fridge does not take 2 wider kegs , then had to buy a 3rd slimmer keg .
Other half says kegs are breeding I told her it is breeding season so expect more.

Thanks for the suggestions folks, I will look into it. Cheers .
Honestly, itā€™s simple.

Iā€™m probably the least handy person in the World and once thought of I was going to get a kegerator it would be a ready made one. I was shocked how easy it was. 2 holes in the fridge with a holesaw drillbit, screw in the taps and away you go.

Honestly, itā€™s simple.

Iā€™m probably the least handy person in the World and once thought of I was going to get a kegerator it would be a ready made one. I was shocked how easy it was. 2 holes in the fridge with a holesaw drillbit, screw in the taps and away you go.
I'll have a look online, sure they'll be some YouTube video to reference. Thanks again.

I just made one, pretty simple. Got a used Hotpoint fridge for Ā£50, they do a model without the big thermostat on the side wall (RLA36) that also doesn't have a full width 'lump' at the bottom for the compressor. Can fit two of the thinner cornies in. Drilled a 2" hole in the top to feed beer and gas lines and it now supplies cold beer to my bar mounted taps (made out of 2" steel pipe and a couple of eBay flow control beer taps). Whole thing has cost around 200 plus the gas bottle.
I found these videos helpful, from two ends of the spectrum in terms of nerdiness!

Most (if not all) UK fridges only have the cooling at the back so there's minimal danger of drilling through a coolant line.

Attachments

• BE258274-5EED-4E63-9D39-73ED76401FF7.jpeg
    BE258274-5EED-4E63-9D39-73ED76401FF7.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 112
I just made one, pretty simple. Got a used Hotpoint fridge for Ā£50, they do a model without the big thermostat on the side wall (RLA36) that also doesn't have a full width 'lump' at the bottom for the compressor. Can fit two of the thinner cornies in. Drilled a 2" hole in the top to feed beer and gas lines and it now supplies cold beer to my bar mounted taps (made out of 2" steel pipe and a couple of eBay flow control beer taps). Whole thing has cost around 200 plus the gas bottle.
I found these videos helpful, from two ends of the spectrum in terms of nerdiness!

Most (if not all) UK fridges only have the cooling at the back so there's minimal danger of drilling through a coolant line.

Cheers that's really useful šŸ‘šŸŗ

Latest posts

Back