Kegerator Cleaning etc.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graz

Landlord.
Reaction score
So I've ran my first keg of beer through on my lovely new Intertaps. I'm now a complete convert to cornies, it's a revelation. But I have a question....

At the moment I only have two kegs and taps so the one I've emptied isn't going to get refilled or replaced immediately. I plan to get more kegs when funds allow. Obviously to clean things up I'll remove the keg and give it a wash probably with Oxi but what to do about cleaning the beer out line and tap. I could run some of the Oxi through it and/or Starsan but my concern is that the line will stay wet until I get round to hooking up a fresh keg and could grow some nasty stuff in there. Is there a way to dry it out?

Also does anyone use line cleaner like they'd use in a pub? Is this better or worse than the standard home brew solutions and where would you get it from?

Thanks.

I do exactly what you propose- clean with Oxi and then rinse through with starsan. Before connecting up a new keg just give it another run through with starsan and you should be fine

You want to watch those cornies - they have a habit of multiplying. I bought my first a couple of weeks before christmas and I now already have two. I'm a little concerned I might have to keez up a freezer soon to accomodate them.

Back