Kegerator - done slightly differently

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewerBandit

Reaction score
I know there are lots of 'how to build a kegerator' threads all over the internet but I thought I share a few pics of how I did mine, for anyone that is interested in making one.

I was keen to keep the cost down but also to make it a little bit neater without hacking the fridge to bits!

Instead of the usual Sneider enclosure with sockets I used an 85mm 6 inlet junction box that came with a 5 pole terminal. I needed a second junction box so I could rob a second strip of terminals. This is sat in the gubbins in the back of the fridge. The STC1000 (£8 - eBay) is mounted in the plastic stand-off on the back of the fridge and I used a 1ft 40w tubular heater (£15 - toolstation). I don't know where the junction boxes came from or what they cost... I've had a multipack of 10 in the shed for years!

The sensor comes through a hole at the back of the fridge and blu-tacked from the ceiling. The pic looks like there is a drill hole in the top... it's blu-tac

It does mean cutting the socket off the fridge and wiring in the cable. I did consider using those 3 pin 'kettle' (desktop PC) plugs so it can be easily put back to being a fridge... but thats not going to be needed!

I used BigCol49's wiring diagram... it's by far the clearest for UK, IMO.
HOW TO GUIDE: STC1000 Build (inc wiring diagrams)

Attachments

• 65BE8FDB-62D6-4A55-8D2D-7751BDEE5FFC.jpg
    65BE8FDB-62D6-4A55-8D2D-7751BDEE5FFC.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1302.JPEG
    IMG_1302.JPEG
    940.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1303.JPEG
    IMG_1303.JPEG
    935 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1304.JPEG
    IMG_1304.JPEG
    801.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1305.JPEG
    IMG_1305.JPEG
    968.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1301.JPEG
    IMG_1301.JPEG
    559.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
:) Yes, I realised this when I went looking for that wiring diagram.

It's a couple of brews in and has seen me through at least one heatwave... I can't believe I didn't put it together sooner!

Latest posts

Back