Kegging my cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joiner_8

new to beer brewing
Reaction score
I have a cider ready to keg, ( I'm a newby) so do I rack it into another fv then transfer to my keg , set my co2 pressure then wait a week b4 tasting, also it's not clear will it clear in the keg while carbing

Not kegged a cider but with my beers I just go from fermenter to keg and cold crash as low as I can but normally around 4 is as low as my fridge will get for 4 or 5 days after carbing and leave to clear and condition. Hope this helps

I think it depends a little on your fermenter and whether a lot of the trub will end up in the keg. For example, if it has a tap and the tap is below the level of the settled trub. Anyway, I wouldn't bother racking, as it just introduces another possibility for infection. Straight into the keg.

If there is a lot of trub settled in the bottom of the keg, when ready to drink just open the tap full blast and the first pint will suck a load of it out, creating a kind of clear space around the bottom of the tube in the keg. Don't then move the keg.

I also like to leave my ciders a little longer than a week before drinking. I find six months is good! 😁

Thanks, should I card the keg using the beer out connection, I've read some posts about it

so what is the basic procedure for kegging and carbonating my cider this is my first time kegging i have a 12 ltr keg

so what is the basic procedure for kegging and carbonating my cider this is my first time kegging i have a 12 ltr keg
Fill your keg with as little splashing as possible if not doing a closed transfer. Pop the lid on and connect the gas line and hit with co then purge the oxygen and go up to 30 psi to seal the lid. Reduce pressure to serving (10-12 psi) and leave for a week to carb properly is one way. There are many others.

Latest posts

Back