Kegland 3 tap Series X kegerator - fitting the shanks

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheyne_brewer

Regular.
Reaction score
Hope the below might save someone some time and lost temper!

Having received my 3-tap Series X this week unboxing & build commenced today. As expected everything is straightforward except mounting the taps. It is acknowledged that the 3-tap tower is a challenge to the sausage-fingered such as myself. After watching a couple of Youtube videos again - including Kegland's own - I had a brainwave. In brief here is how I made it simple.

1 Locate all the parts - the tower mount screws were hiding between rubber gasket & base cover in my case.

2 Do not mount the tower on the kegerator. DO put the screw cover on the tower, it can be taped down for now.

3 Take the shank for the bottom tap and insert part way into the tower. Slip the white contoured washer over the shank tail, followed by the nut, flat side of the washer facing the nut.
Carefully locate the nut on the thread of the shank body and spin with your fingers until seated. Tighten with the spanner included. Ensure the tail is pointing vertically down the tower.

4 now my bit - the hard part was doing all this with the beer line in the way. To solve this I realised that to seat the duotight from the bottom would be the easy solution. Looking around I had a spare bottling wand tube which happened to be an exact fit for the supplied beer line. Firstly, push one end of the beer line through the wand tube. Cut the end flush with the tube if it looks to be cut at an angle. Push through a little further, fit the duotight - see the pic of what you should have. Now you have a length of line fitted with the duotight and held rigid by the wand tube. Simply push this up the tower and feel it onto onto the tail of the shank. Push to firmly locate it then pull the wand tube down the tube and off.

Repeat for the left & right taps & the job's a good 'un! Remove the tape from the base cover & slide up the tower.

5 Position the black gasket then feed the lines through the top of the kegorator. Mount and screw down the tower.

Attachments

• seriesX.jpg
    seriesX.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Wowsers, looks like the 3 tap is a challenge.
I’ve just put together the 4 tap version, the tower was wide enough for me to deal with all the taps without any major issues.
I started with the lower taps as recommended and it all went well 👍

I would suggest trying all the pipes with water first, I didn’t and experienced the joy of a leaking duotight connector, beer everywhere 😬

Enjoy your kegerator!

Wowsers, looks like the 3 tap is a challenge.
I would suggest trying all the pipes with water first, I didn’t and experienced the joy of a leaking duotight connector, beer everywhere 😬

Enjoy your kegerator!

Problem with the 3 tap is one is below the other two so you have a very congested area in the middle of the tower. I will be doing a water test before running sanitizer through it. I’ll hopefully be sitting a small co2 cylinder in with my three cornies. I could have gone for fitting the line straight on the shank tail which might have saved some grief. Still, it’s done now 😁

Latest posts

Back