Keir Starmer: one year in, Labour leader's popularity has plunged

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone actually spend almost 3 times their annual salary doing up a rented flat on a 4-6 year lease?

Does anyone even spend a third of their annual salary decorating a rented flat?

Keir lacks the balls to go all in on Boris, plain and simple. That's why people are loosing interest. If he's a softcock with Boris hell be the same with everything and everyone else.
It's a shame caused thought he'd be better than this.

I like Starmer. He took over during a national emergency when people tend to get behind whoever is in government. He nevertheless managed to improve the standing of the party in opinion polls only a year after an election in which labour did terribly. The fact that there is now a vaccine bounce for the Conservatives is no huge surprise, but there is no reason to believe it is permanent. Biden was written off for all the reasons Starmer is in some quarters and now he is in government enacting real change. Starmer is exactly the kind of serious politician to be up against a clown like Johnson imho.

I like Starmer. He took over during a national emergency when people tend to get behind whoever is in government.

I think most people in this emergency did the opposite they didn't get behind the Conservatives and wanted Boris to be hung, drawn and quartered.

I like Starmer. He took over during a national emergency when people tend to get behind whoever is in government. He nevertheless managed to improve the standing of the party in opinion polls only a year after an election in which labour did terribly. The fact that there is now a vaccine bounce for the Conservatives is no huge surprise, but there is no reason to believe it is permanent. Biden was written off for all the reasons Starmer is in some quarters and now he is in government enacting real change. Starmer is exactly the kind of serious politician to be up against a clown like Johnson imho.

I agree I just wish he took it to Boris a lot more than he does! He's like arsenal at the end of Wenger era! Great up until someone had to shoot, then they passed it sideways or back!

Corruption from any quarter should be condemned and jumped on. I just don’t think whoever is PM, should have to pay for the residence in any way shape or form, that’s all.

Corruption from any quarter should be condemned and jumped on. I just don’t think whoever is PM, should have to pay for the residence in any way shape or form, that’s all.
Agree, a generous allowance for decoration of the official residence should be made available. And it is. A few hundred thousand pounds worth of redecorating should not be allowed for since it is quite clearly obscene.

After reading what people have written, I agree, it’s too much money really. However, I’m still not over the joy of Corbin not getting into No. 10. So I’m going to let it pass :laugh8:

I have absolutely no idea what Starmer stands for. He generalises on everything and never seems to put forward any new policy suggestions of his own. There appears to be no direction and no fresh, new ideas. I thought he might offer a real challenge to the Conservatives, but it doesn't look as if that's going to be the case. He comes across as a bit insipid, but I think the real problem is his cabinet. Rayner, Dodds, Nandy, Lammy, the list goes on. Not people that I think the British public are ever likely to put real trust in. The Hartlepool by-election this week is going to be really interesting.

My take on all this political bs is this, i first got to vote in 1971 so i did and nothing changed, so i had another go again nothing changed, i gave up and it's still the same today none of them deliver what they promise, i often wonder what they would do if nobody voted at all now that would be quality, Tell a lie i have voted once in all that time i voted in 2016

I just don’t think whoever is PM, should have to pay for the residence in any way shape or form, that’s all.

He doesn't. No PM does. The PM has the use of Downing Street, Chequers, and of course he has his pile in Oxfordshire. Available for rent at a cool £4k a month, I gather. And then there's the flat in Camberwell...

Any suggestions that Johnson is strapped for cash; well, if he is, his child-care bills must be a big part of the reason.

But that's not really the point here. The point is about Tory party donors getting what they wanted from Johnson. Corruption.

Back