Keir Starmer.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are right, he is electable, in part due to his more statesman like appearance, compared to the previous incumbent of as Leader of the Labour Party, who on occasion looked like a reincarnation of Michael Foot. However, what you look like doesn't necessarily get you elected, it's policies that also count. And we have yet to see what happens on that. As I said in umpteen posts back it is going to be interesting to see how he gets rid of the (unwanted?) baggage of the far left which still have much power within the party, and so restore the Labour Party to a more centre position which makes them more electable.
you need to look at least reasonably presentable & you need policies that appeal to the electorate.

You can have the looks of a statesman, talk the talk of a statesman. But it means bugger all if you can't walk the walk. Like the fizzer we got.
1586298315693.png

I'm afraid the above sort of sums it up, it always appears like his team watch the news all day tell him which way things are going so he can appear on TV to demand it just before the government announce it.

I much prefer the calm confident kindly wise grandfather style of Wales's Labour leader Mark Drakeford who I feel is doing a good job here in Wales.

Mark

I much prefer the calm confident kindly wise grandfather style of Wales's Labour leader Mark Drakeford who I feel is doing a good job here in Wales.

I like Andy Burnham always have i don't like Starmer he could would have done well as tory leader.

Latest posts

Back