Kenwood KUL55X20 Fridge Information

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently bought a fridge to convert into a fermentation chamber. I found it difficult to find specific measurements which would be useful to know. This was fortunately good for what I wanted, but I thought I’d share in case anyone was looking for information on this model, save them a trip with a tape measure to a retail park.
I’ve included the measurements below, but anything else you want to know, reply to the thread. For information, I am running this with an ink bird controller and and a 1ft tube heater (heater cable snugly fits through the condensation hole at the back, temp probe through the door). I’ve included some pictures with an SS 7 gal brewbucket, a plastic bucket (sat on glass shelf for reference, I’ll be putting in something stronger) and a taller 19l corny (about 62cm high).

Model: Kenwood KUL55X20 Fridge

Purchased from: Curry’s
Price: £129.99 (April 21)

Dimensions:
External - 55cm wide, 56cm deep, 85cm high (with feet extended slightly)

Internal- 43cm total depth, 45cm wide, 70 cm total height.
Internal floor size- 27cm deep 45cm wide
Height from first shelf-50 cm
B8F7D9B9-0157-4EA1-AE4A-89D60355274B.jpeg
999D17FA-8735-4CC3-BB8D-F6A262ECAC31.jpeg
D00E2DA9-9A76-48BF-AE01-4D6107E6118D.jpeg
AA9930EE-FD59-4B46-A8A9-6BD31B7FF0BD.jpeg
EAC2CEDF-D587-4CAF-A5F7-AAF8BCFC3C01.jpeg

I wish the online retailers had such informative photos and dimensions.

Just one question, what screws have you used to secure the heating tube?
I imagine it must be quite difficult to get much hold on thin plastic and polystyrene filler.

I wish the online retailers had such informative photos and dimensions.

Just one question, what screws have you used to secure the heating tube?
I imagine it must be quite difficult to get much hold on thin plastic and polystyrene filler.
It would take some of the guesswork out of it if they did!
Re the screws, the ones provided were a bit long, I used some 10mm screws I had spare. They are pretty secure but the tube heater I have is pretty light. I had some superglue on and gaffer tape on standby but not needed!

Thank you, I will be making a similar investment soon and have wondered about the fixings.

Although while reading your response the thought of using self-adhesive velcro strips suddenly popped into my head.

Thank you, I will be making a similar investment soon and have wondered about the fixings.

Although while reading your response the thought of using self-adhesive velcro strips suddenly popped into my head.
I think that would probably work, at least for the one I have, it would support the weight and I wish I thought of that before screwing in the brackets. Only thing I don’t know if the heat affects the adhesive in any way, I can’t see it being a problem but I’m sure there’s someone on here who has experience.

I've found the Hotpoint RLA series to be roomy, they have an advantage that the thermostat and light are in the roof, giving a bit more available width. Also their lump for the compressor is not full width, not tried it yet but I think you could fit 3 full height Corny keks plus a 10l on at the back. I measured approx 70cm full height, 50cm reduced height above the lump, 48cm width and approx 43cm overall depth, 25(isa) where the lump is. Got one for £50 on eBay, this was the listing...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fridge-h...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

hi @StJayJay, do you think 2x 19Ls would fit side by side in the Kenwood? I am measuring them at roughly 46cm side by side, however someone suggested that offsetting them slightly will work. Is this something that you have tried?

(I have the old style kegs Height – 56cm Width – 23cm)

I see you have said the internal width is 45cm so it looks as though I am 1cm short, however maybe the internal light is movable?

Thanks.

I’ve
hi @StJayJay, do you think 2x 19Ls would fit side by side in the Kenwood? I am measuring them at roughly 46cm side by side, however someone suggested that offsetting them slightly will work. Is this something that you have tried?

(I have the old style kegs Height – 56cm Width – 23cm)

I see you have said the internal width is 45cm so it looks as though I am 1cm short, however maybe the internal light is movable?

Thanks.
I’ve just tried with a couple of old style kegs, offset they will fit in, the only issue I would have is the placement of my heater but if it’s not an issue for you, the 2 old style kegs do fit in without having to worry about the light.

Latest posts

Back