Killyu

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Brico

Reaction score
Don't know if thats the right spelling but its good enough. I believe the Fins make and drink a wine made from just sugar, anybody done it, maybe have a recipe for it?

I tried making it a couple of times back in the day, it tasted foul as far as I remember.

I'm sure there's something special the Fins do with it that I neglected but, yeh, it was pretty rank.

I have made it and it wasn't great. According to my Finnish former boss, it's popular in prisons and military barracks and illegal unless flavoured. Thus, most has some lemon juice added at the end.

One thing I found out after making it was that you need to feed it with sugar over time rather than dumping it all in when you start as I did. This means the yeast has plenty to eat, but isn't overwhelmed and you end ip with a drier, higher alcohol drink.

The CS Brews guys made a mojito version of it the other day on YouTube:

Bear in mind they’re American so their measurement of a gallon is different which means the amount of sugar will be different as well so you would have to adjust accordingly.

Personally I like these guys, they’re pretty chill and to me a lot of the stuff they say makes sense and they have a laugh.

Latest posts

Back