King Keg blank cap

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petefin

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where I can get a King Keg cap with no pre-drilled holes?
Can't find anything on the Internet!

Cheers, Pete

Hi Guys,

Cheers, Pete
A quick googling threw this uo. But I should give them a call first to ask whether it'll go on a King Keg as there are at least three different threads. They have King Kegs in stock so he'll be able to try it for you.

Hi Guys,

Cheers, Pete

What are you going to do? Can't you just cap the nipple off.
If you are going to fit a spunding valve, I would fit a gas post into the existing hole and a gas ball lock disconnect. If not just blank off the hole. Still want to know what you are going to do?:?:

Hi Foxy,
I fitted a car type valve for air pressure testing the keg for leaks along with a fitting with a pressure gauge and pressure relief valve. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough room to screw on my CO2 cylinder.
My idea was to re-drill the cap to equally space the three fittings on the cap, the hole in the centre buggered that plan!
But I have machined a new fitting for the gauge and pressure relief valve, the valve now at 90deg. which gives me clearance for the CO2 bottle.
I'm thinking I can still use the old fitting if I get a blank cap for my next keg, so no panic now 😁
Cheers, Pete

Attachments

• 158549283621560296598.jpg
    158549283621560296598.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 131
Hi Foxy,
I fitted a car type valve for air pressure testing the keg for leaks along with a fitting with a pressure gauge and pressure relief valve. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough room to screw on my CO2 cylinder.
My idea was to re-drill the cap to equally space the three fittings on the cap, the hole in the centre buggered that plan!
But I have machined a new fitting for the gauge and pressure relief valve, the valve now at 90deg. which gives me clearance for the CO2 bottle.
I'm thinking I can still use the old fitting if I get a blank cap for my next keg, so no panic now 😁
Cheers, Pete
What sort of pressure does that PRV discharge at? What pressure do you like to keep the barrel at?

The valve operates at 15psi. I let the keg go down to around 6psi then top it up to around 8psi.

Hi Foxy,
Cheers, Pete
Hi Pete, you could alternatively mod the centre fitting like I did to make it a 90 degree fitting so the CO2 cylinder fits horizontal from the side rather than vertically from above. Just need a length of 4mm od copper pipe (£2.30 off ebay) and plumber‘s soldering skills acheers.. Makes it easier to recharge as well if you keep your KK in a fridge with limited headroom.

The valve operates at 15psi. I let the keg go down to around 6psi then top it up to around 8psi.
You can get inline regulators which are factory set at various pressures I have an 8 PSI inline regulator which I don't use you can have it if you want.

At the moment I use the Schrader Valve and a modified bike pump attached to the CO2 system and pressurised whenever it runs out.

I have new attachments and intend to hook the PB permanently up to the CO2 cylinder the next time I fill it.

I only pressurise the Growlers to about 5psi anyway so well within the PB's capacity.

PB with CO2.jpg

Latest posts

Back