King Keg pressure

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocker Wright

Reaction score
Hi. I'm looking at ordering a King Keg, never used one before. I'm getting flustered with all the different taps and caps etc and I don't know what's compatible with what. I'm set on getting a bottom tap King keg with a 4 inch cap, but will this come compatible with the co2 bulbs and holder I already have? I have loads of 8g bulbs left over from when I had a Wilko pressure barrel.
Also I've read it's best to swap the tap to a better quality one, which one would be recommended?
Cheers 🍻

To use your CO2 bulbs you will need the “pin valve”, this is the same as the S30 valve but has a small conversion fitted. Sometimes when you order a King Keg you have a choice of valve but you can also buy a pin valve conversion kit separately if needed.

Have you seen my guide on Pressure Barrels? If not it might be worth a look and the link below will take you there.

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/pressure-barrels-more-than-you-wanted-to-know.89344/
If you happen to be anywhere in, or close to, Kent you can always pop round and I’ll give you a King Keg.

To use your CO2 bulbs you will need the “pin valve”, this is the same as the S30 valve but has a small conversion fitted. Sometimes when you order a King Keg you have a choice of valve but you can also buy a pin valve conversion kit separately if needed.

Have you seen my guide on Pressure Barrels? If not it might be worth a look and the link below will take you there.

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/pressure-barrels-more-than-you-wanted-to-know.89344/
If you happen to be anywhere in, or close to, Kent you can always pop round and I’ll give you a King Keg.

Hi Hazelwood. Yes your guide came up in a search result. I did read through it but I couldn't find the precise answer I was looking for. Very well put together, so I may have over read it. So basically if an option isn't offered I'd need a conversion kit. I'll have another read through... sadly nowhere near Kent but if you ever find yourself needing to travel up to Derby bring it with you and I'd happily take it off you 😆

Ah I see you've explained quite clearly what I'd need to do, I don't know how I missed that. The conversion kit isn't nearly as expensive as I thought... I saw something online around the £13 mark! That must've been something else I was looking at.

Last edited:
I know Derby and the surrounding area well (where I was born) but not planning any trips there just at the moment and I’m sure you’re keen to get brewing.

If you look through the guide you’ll find the S30 valve described and the pin valve discussed together with a link for the conversion kit.

Latest posts

Back