King Keg Top Tap Float Q

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcneilljamie

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just been loaned a King Keg to experiment making some basic kit beers in. The King Keg has a top tap with a float. However I cannot seem to get the float to stay in the holder. There is no "click" when you push it in nor is there any rubber seal to provide some sort of resistance to the float retracting.

Any suggestions welcome. Otherwise I do have a cable tie here which would probably work but not be that professional!

Thanks in advance!

I've had that problem too, what happens it the bottom bit of the perspex insert breaks off but stays in the float meaning that it won't stay in. The cable tie options sounds like a good fix as long as it's sterilied :thumb:

Great stuff Wez, I shall have a go with a sterilised cable tie. I wonder why the design isnt a screw in? I would have thought that it would have worked a lot better! Not to worry!

Thanks

On a similar theme, does anyone have any advice for getting the tap tight without over tightening?

Earlier this evening I gave what I thought was a good hand tighten but it started to leak as the pressure built up. I was informed that its a good idea to remove the tap for sterilisation. Any tips or tricks welcome.

Thanks

Jamie

Trial and Error I'm afraid - keep your eye on the black washer on the outside tighten until it starts to 'bulge' a bit then give it one more half turn.

It's a good idea to pressure test them before filling too by putting some water in, gassing it up and checking for leaks :cool:

I have 6 King Kegs and none of them are ever on best behaviour!

:thumb:

Latest posts

Back