King Keg Usage

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

private4587

Reaction score
i am about to undertake pressure fermentation using my soon tone fermzilla allrounder, i will ferment in this and also force carbonate in it. my idea if its possible is to fit a couple(gas & liquid) posts to a lid of a king keg barrel. I would also serve from the liquid post thus allowing no air into the system. Do you think this is feasible

kelper

Old Salt
Reaction score
If you connect a large CO2 cylinder to a PB there is a risk of over-pressurising it since the relief hole is very small compared to the outlet from a CO2 regulator.
The PB relief valve is not designed for this. It will release pressure due to secondary fermentation and from small, manual additions of CO2 from a bulb or soda stream. It would not be a good idea to leave a big CO2 cylinder connected. I doubt if the PB would explode, but the cap might fly off and cause injury and damage.

Drunkula

Landlord.
Reaction score
if its possible is to fit a couple(gas & liquid) posts to a lid of a king keg barrel. I would also serve from the liquid post thus allowing no air into the system. Do you think this is feasible
Somebody on here has already done it.

I wouldn't say it has explosive potential, but by its very nature of being a plastic pressure barrel it's inherently a timebomb of disappointment and despair.

Pressure barrels are great for creating bitterness, not for storing bitter.

Buffers brewery

Complicated Brewer
Reaction score

That should cover it :laugh8:

MisterMike

Reaction score
I use corny kegs and basic pressure barrels, first time using a KKTT primed with 80g sugar stuck an all grain bitter in it, after a week to carb up was put in a fridge set to 1 just a plain old under counter fridge that the misses let me put under the stairs, the beer is carbed up nice, I have a universal barrel hose connected to a corny charger to keep co2 in the keg, I'm supping a pint now, man to be honest the pressure barrels are great, can't knock them once you get the hang of them, I love how simple they are to use, but a booze fridge is needed for sure tho. Cheers folks

Latest posts