Kit rating

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BROADE

Reaction score
Couldnt find a thread regarding home brew kits. If they is 1 I do apologise.

What are people best kits or recommendations.
Currently drinking youngs American apa.
7/10

Looking to make a nice crisp lager next
What do you all suggest

Festival Razorback IPA and Love Brewing's Presidents Sierra American Pale Ale are the top two I've done in recent times. Couldn't fault either of them 👍

Cheers Tom

I'm drinking my way through 21L of Mangrove Jack's Bavarian Wheat at the moment, and I've got to say, it's great!

Best kit beers before this, for me, were Youngs American Mocha Porter and Mangrove Jack's Pink Grapefruit IPA.

Brewferm kits all brewed up very well, just need time to mature as they all do! Dark Rock make some great kits, Alpine Amber ale was particularly good, as are the Love brewing Craft and part grain kits, dark strawberry Belgian ale one of the best kits I’ve made, never had a duff one and excellent value for money. Yet to do one myself but sampled a few CML recipe kit brews and they too are brilliant, great value also. Soft spot for Muntons craft range, Belgian and winter warmer first two kits I made, both very good.

I hadn’t made a kit beer for donkey’s years because I was never happy with the results. However I recently got hold of a couple of Mangrove Jack‘s, an American pale ale and a stout, because they were going cheap. I’d seen that other people reviewed them positively and I thought I’d give them a go for convenience sake when I didn’t have a full day to do an a.g. I made them exactly according to the instructions, without any tinkering and they’ve both turned to be perfectly acceptable. Kits have obviously come a long way in the last few years.

Best of recent times has to be the Muntons Flagship Hazy IPA. Just superb from the first pint to the last. Possibly one of the best kits I've ever made.

Currently drinking an Mangrove Jacks Nelson Sauvin IPA which is also excellent. Think that one was a limited edition so you might struggle to find it.

My favourite kits so far are:

Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit IPA
Mangrove Jacks Australian Pale Ale
Homebrew Company -Bruphoria James Blonde Ale
Mangrove Jacks Bavarian Wheat beer

Latest posts

Back