Kit Splitting?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spudhead94

Reaction score
Good Evening all, with regards to splitting one can kits... would it be possible to warm 4 litres of water (to 'dissolve' the kit) and then split the 4 litres between two fermenters? I've just bought Chocmeister from wilkos new range and want to brew two lots of 9L it's supposed to be a 22L kit but i like going under the required level.

I fancy doing a double choc in one vessel and a vanilla choc stout in the other.

Would i be safe adding 1kg of beer enhancer (thought medium DME wouldn't cut it for a stout) to the initial 4 litres or should i add 500g to each fermenter and just mix it in?

Any help is appriciated :)

You could add your beer enhancer to the kit contents, with half in each FV if you want to, without issues. 500g of DME in each half instead of beer enhancer would definitely "cut it" and give some scope to add some sugar to one or other half.

I assume you are proposing to add Vanilla essence or pods to one half and some form of cocoa powder or something to the other?

You could add your beer enhancer to the kit contents, with half in each FV if you want to, without issues. 500g of DME in each half instead of beer enhancer would definitely "cut it" and give some scope to add some sugar to one or other half.

I assume you are proposing to add Vanilla essence or pods to one half and some form of cocoa powder or something to the other?

I opted for beer enhancer as medium DME was out of stock they're near enough the same thing, so hopefully it turns out good.

I was thinking either splitting vanilla pods and letting them soak in vodka for a few days and the double choc one there's a product called choc shot (link below) it's quite low in fat and is quite rich in choc flavour.

https://www.sweetfreedom.co.uk/products/choc-shot/

Latest posts

Back