KITGARN New type of 50l SS fermenter @ a crazy price?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you consider that the 14 gallon SS Brewtech Brewbucket is £280 (and you're paying a chunk for the branding), I think that the Kitgarn model on Amazon could be legit. I suppose the question would then be around the build quality of the Kitgarn. I'm guessing this is a new product so I'd be inclined to wait a while for user reviews before making a purchase.

It looks like a good bit of kit but, a new product sold by a new seller and looks like it ships from China so you may have to pay VAT when it arrives, so basically I agree with JonBrew.

After saying I thought if was a good looking bit of kit I have looked again and would note:
Quality, like Harry said the welds do look bad.
Design, having the only place to drain it in the place it is makes its coned bottom pointless as its not in the centre and there not a second tap higher up. The thermometer is pointless if you want to use it with any cooling solution but it does have a thermowell. So really no better than a 50L brew pot with a tap and thermowell.
The seller, is based in China, uses a German VAT no has 3 feedback on Amazon but trades under a different name on ebay and has 93 good feedback 1 bad. Based on the delivery time scale I think its shipped from China. But its likely a legit seller.
I don't know how amazon return policy works if you wanted to return it due to quality if its from outside the UK so no idea on the risk

Dont touch these with a barge pole. I stupidly bought two. First one, the box it arrived in should have been ringing alarm bells for start. Terrible welds and pock marks on the inside, covered in grinding dust, lid dented and clamps bent. Pre threaded with a thermowell but the thread is too long so brew would be in contact with it. Racking arm was dented and not even deburred. Second one not much better. Sending them back. DO NOT BUY.

Latest posts

Back