kits that produce the lightest colour beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo851

Reaction score
so pretty much all the kits I have used be it pales or IPAs have came out quite a dark color, has anyone used one that has came out a really light color?

Coopers Canadian Blonde is about as light as you can get. But the beer it produces is pretty anaemic. Others may disagree.
If you are doing extract brewing you could use extra light DME which is based on lager malt from what I understand

yup i use extra light dme and i would say if it's not been repackaged doesnt need a boil** so doesnt darken as much.

** what I mean here is that some HBS may buy a 25kg bag or so and repackage it introducing the chance of nasties? - whereas I trust factory sealed bags of DME. so richies or muntons for instance I don't bother with a boil.

Coopers Canadian Blonde is about as light as you can get. But the beer it produces is pretty anaemic. Others may disagree.
If you are doing extract brewing you could use extra light DME which is based on lager malt from what I understand

Second this. It's the lightest kit I ever made; which is why it was my kit of choice for modification.

thanks for the answers , the reason I want a light color is when adding fruit it would be good to transfer some of that color to the final beer. so when I make a raspberry and peach beer it would have a slight blush color .

the Coopers Canadian Blonde - is that a lager? if so doesn't that need 3 month in the bottle?

Latest posts

Back