KK tap in Wilco barrel ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wherrypuzzled

Regular.
Reaction score
Sorry posting again

I read about some people on here shortening Wilco taps to stop them leaking at gasket also people who had shortened KK tap but searching I can't find any

So I tried screwing Kk tap in just to see if the Threads were even the same and despite looking 1\3 longer the KK tap screwed right in and there is no sign of any leak

I'm stunned because the hole in the Wilco barrel where tap goes looks way too short to take the KK tap so have I gone mad ?

Extra question if I may .... If this does work has anyone sawn off the shield in the barrel round the tap ? I don't see what it does but if I can get rid of it and add a float to get the last 4 or 5 pints out that currently get wasted

Cheers again wp

When I was using the excellent Wilco barrels (now passed on to my son) I found I could tilt the barrel to get the last few pints out - I never lost 4 or 5 pints as you say you do. A caravan wheel chock under the back edge of the barrel worked a treat!

Thanks for that... I will tilt it when a third of barrel left and chock with something

Will have to do that because I realised since asking about sawing the shield from in the barrel off WON'T let me fit a float system anyway

Tap still not leaking.. don't look a gift horse etc...

Latest posts

Back