Klarstein 70 litre Brauheld Pro Mash Kettle (It's a wee bit big)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a reason to believe, the tread sizes are the same as the ones used for the ordinary 1/2 inch or 15mm pipework.
I've tried a metric ruler and it's definitely bigger than 15mm... maybe 16mm but even then seems a wee bit bigger?
IMG_1501.jpeg

Hello everyone.
Thank you very much for the report of your purchase, there is not much information about the 70 liter brauheld pro. The manufacturer's instructions are for other models, and the klarstein technical service itself seems to be unaware of the machine. I ended up making a bit of a blind purchase, I hope to be satisfied.
I would like to ask you about the setup in Brewfather, if you could share it to save me from my own initial glitches I would be very grateful.
If you want to share experiences with the machine for a beginner they will be equally welcome.
I have previously used a 30 liter kit.
All the best

cable ends are joined at crimp points with heat shrunk plastic covers, which limits my options for fitting an entirely new cable

Do you have a pic. Probably not as bad as you think. And the blue controller fitting should unscrew and refit easily.

@ well @DocAnna I have now bit the bullet and bought a 70L as I had a discount code,,,
Dismantled and changed the bazooka with a steel slinky. Decided to rest it on SS brush clips to keep it off the SS base. Also running it on a 16A IP65 plug as that's what most my stuff runs on. Travelling now but when I get home I'll give it a blast.

Where did you get your neoprene jacket and how much please!:roll:

@ well @DocAnna I have now bit the bullet and bought a 70L as I had a discount code,,,
Dismantled and changed the bazooka with a steel slinky. Decided to rest it on SS brush clips to keep it off the SS base. Also running it on a 16A IP65 plug as that's what most my stuff runs on. Travelling now but when I get home I'll give it a blast.

Where did you get your neoprene jacket and how much please!:roll:
Oooh that's brilliant news 😁 , I think it's a brilliant piece of kit, that is except the auto program which is fiddly on my model and hardly worth the hassle. I'd love to move to a 16A plug but that would mean rewiring back to the fuseboard, which I am really not on for, but good on you!

I made the neoprene jacket and it made a big difference to how quickly it reaches the boil, and is far easier to maintain a boil at lower power, so I reckon very much worth it. DIY neoprene brew kettle cover

I did fit a steel slinky as well... till it blocked and drove me to swearing in the first two boils. I now run it without a filter of any kind and it works fine so long as I use something to contain leaf hops. It's fine without a filter if using normal sorts of amounts of pellet hops too, though I use a hop spider now routinely since I invested in the grainfather/Mangrove Jack one with the 800 micron mesh which allows sufficient flow.

I particularly like the recycle flow to just over the element which is good to avoid scalding when getting to the boil and during stepped mash schedules.

Hi
I have the 30 ltr brauheld pro. Did or can anyone confirm the size on the discharge thread? I ordered a 3/8 bsp cross over from amazon but it didn't fit. I just want to be able to remove the arm and fit a hose for using the pump to transfer to fermenter.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240122_165819_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240122_165819_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 0
Back