Klarstein boiler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shipstone

Reaction score
I am considering a 30L kettle from klarstein so i can BIAB what would be the largest brew i could do in this unit and which is the best recipe calculator to use.Please bear with me if this is a daft question but im easily confused!I understand the process but not all of terminology.Thanks

Depending on what boiler it is, I had an Ace boiler that is exactly the same as one of the Klarstein ones rebadged and I used to do 19L batches.

This is the model Klarstein Maischfest Boiler Mash Kettle 30L.What is an easy recipe to try for say 18ltr of beer is it easy to calculate the amount of water you need for the mash?Thanks

Does that mean you mash at say 68" temp and then remove grain and put in another vessel with hot water in? Then pour it back injto the kettle to boil?

This is the model Klarstein Maischfest Boiler Mash Kettle 30L.What is an easy recipe to try for say 18ltr of beer is it easy to calculate the amount of water you need for the mash?Thanks
The one I had was the equivalent of the Fullhorn but I think the only difference is the fact the Maichfest has digital controls and both elements can be controlled independently.

I was very unscientific - I used to mash with as much water as possible then dunk sparge and fill to the “full” line.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back