Klarstein Maischfest and Mashing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all

I feel like I’m being really stupid here, hoping someone can help me.

I recently got a pump for mashing, and have been trying to work out how to connect to the tap on my mash kettle.

I intended to use the pump on my last brew day but realised I needed more parts, so ordered some connectors and brewed without.

I’m looking at it now and I still don’t get it. Iwas thinking the tap would screw off but doesn’t feel like it will. Am I missing a part still?

I have 1/2” ID tube and disconnects to connect to the pump but feel so stupid trying to figure out what I need on the kettle end and everytime I Google it I get the same parts I already have.

Any help much appreciated

Attachments

• 7F102771-FD3B-4274-99D8-410632AA05CE.jpeg
    7F102771-FD3B-4274-99D8-410632AA05CE.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 14DFBC87-478A-417B-BEC2-A58A9F0B500D.jpeg
    14DFBC87-478A-417B-BEC2-A58A9F0B500D.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 32
Don’t worry. I am stupid. Wrench on the tap and it came off and I have the parts. Maybe posting this thread and shaming myself helped subconsciously. Will leave it up for anyone else as silly in same situation.

Could you show and/or describe the items that you've used to incorporate the pump onto the Klarstein? Everything from the fittings on the outlet of the kettle, the pump type and fittings used on it, and what you've done to get the wort into the kettle again from the pump?

This could be my next project to upgrade my Klarstein, so your help would be much appreciated. 😁

I've been using a pump with my klarstein for most of this year and pleased with the results.

@Jzrp you say you've got it sussed now - if I read you right you're saying you've completely removed the tap??? Not quite sure why you would but would be interested to see some pics of your setup.

@Chippy_Tea worth merging this thread with the one I've linked to above?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @matt76 and @Hazelwood Brewery - I'm getting some bits together to set up a recirculating pump for my digiboil over the Xmas break. I've seen Hazelwood on your threads you have a spray nozzle fitted to your mash lid, and I presume you have the same Matt? Could you let me know the name of the spray head, or send a link to the part? I'm struggling to find what I want on line and I also can't find the post you had Hazelwood on your thread (you have alot of posts to read through!🤣🤣). Thanks both.

Hi @matt76 and @Hazelwood Brewery - I'm getting some bits together to set up a recirculating pump for my digiboil over the Xmas break. I've seen Hazelwood on your threads you have a spray nozzle fitted to your mash lid, and I presume you have the same Matt? Could you let me know the name of the spray head, or send a link to the part? I'm struggling to find what I want on line and I also can't find the post you had Hazelwood on your thread (you have alot of posts to read through!🤣🤣). Thanks both.
You’ll find my overview of my kit, including the atomiser nozzle, at the start of my original brew day thread.

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/hazelwood-brewday.85203/page-2

See pics here...

I have a very hi-tech hole in the lid to pass the hose through (I just enlarged the breather hole).

This is secured with spring hose clips either side of the hole.

The end of the hose then sits in a hi-tech colander that sits on top of the grain bed as a sort of diffuser to stop the flowing wort cutting a channel through the grain. The colander fills with a few cm of wort so the end of the house is actually below the water line to avoid splashing.

Don’t worry. I am stupid. Wrench on the tap and it came off and I have the parts. Maybe posting this thread and shaming myself helped subconsciously. Will leave it up for anyone else as silly in same situation.
I know this is a little old but....

For quick disconnect to the tap, did you / do others use 1/2 BSP female to male? Eg

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EzcekDn

Back