Klarstein SS Fermenter - looking for info

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinF

Reaction score
Note: I'm looking at the fermenter - not the maischfest mash/brew kettle.

I've been looking at this fermenter and struggling to find any great level of detail about it. The "manual" can be downloaded from the Klarstein website but is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

I'm wondering if it has some kind of heater, as the manual claims that it's 230V, but doesn't give any power rating or suggest why or how it might use mains power.

Also wondering about the amount of headspace? E.g, will the 25L version have (say) 30L capacity?

Is the internal base conical at all to help hold yeast/trub below tap level?

And what about the tap? Where does it draw from, heightwise; can it be rotated to draw from variable heights; and can some kind of filter be fitted to the back of the tap?

I'm surprised there's so little information out there on t'Interweb. Hoping someone here may have used one.

Thanks.

Note: I'm looking at the fermenter - not the maischfest mash/brew kettle.

I've been looking at this fermenter and struggling to find any great level of detail about it. The "manual" can be downloaded from the Klarstein website but is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

I'm wondering if it has some kind of heater, as the manual claims that it's 230V, but doesn't give any power rating or suggest why or how it might use mains power.

Also wondering about the amount of headspace? E.g, will the 25L version have (say) 30L capacity?

Is the internal base conical at all to help hold yeast/trub below tap level?

And what about the tap? Where does it draw from, heightwise; can it be rotated to draw from variable heights; and can some kind of filter be fitted to the back of the tap?

I'm surprised there's so little information out there on t'Interweb. Hoping someone here may have used one.

Thanks.

Mate post a link - Klarstein do a number of ss fermenters and all in one tuns/ boilers. But as you have discovered web description often misleading. The fermenter does not have an element but from your discreption sounds like the boiler/ tun. The latter has an lcd display. I have one of each so if you post link should be able to help.

Mate post a link - Klarstein do a number of ss fermenters and all in one tuns/ boilers. But as you have discovered web description often misleading. The fermenter does not have an element but from your discreption sounds like the boiler/ tun. The latter has an lcd display. I have one of each so if you post link should be able to help.
Yep - good call.

It's at https://www.klarstein.co.uk/Home-appliances/Drinks-dispenser/Home-brewing/Maischfest-Fermenting-Kettle-30-Litre-Fermentation-Tube-304-Stainless-Steel-30-Ltr.html.

Though even the photos on their website don't give much away. Even the name is confusing... "Maischfest Fermenter 30 Mash Kettle"?? There's no more information on their German website - https://www.klarstein.de/Haushaltsg...Liter-Gaerroehrchen-304-Edelstahl-30-Ltr.html

But to be clear, I don't need a mash tun - I already have a Grainfather; just looking for an affordable, non-plastic FV.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have that fermentor (well, 2 of them). The description is wrong, there is no element, no electrics, no lcd, it is just a stainless steel fermentor (but quite a good one). It clamps down well, and has a ballcock tap.

Sorry for the double post, just noticed the rest of your questions, there is about 5l headspace to the top of the fermentor from the max marking, and as the lid is domed it gives even more headspace for those wild ferments. The bottom is not conical, and the tap is a standard ballcock that you could probably fit a 1" bsp (I think) adapter (female to female) to then fit a bazooka type filter

Sorry for the double post, just noticed the rest of your questions, there is about 5l headspace to the top of the fermentor from the max marking, and as the lid is domed it gives even more headspace for those wild ferments. The bottom is not conical, and the tap is a standard ballcock that you could probably fit a 1" bsp (I think) adapter (female to female) to then fit a bazooka type filter
Many thanks @Minimag1

Yep - good call.

It's at https://www.klarstein.co.uk/Home-appliances/Drinks-dispenser/Home-brewing/Maischfest-Fermenting-Kettle-30-Litre-Fermentation-Tube-304-Stainless-Steel-30-Ltr.html.

Though even the photos on their website don't give much away. Even the name is confusing... "Maischfest Fermenter 30 Mash Kettle"?? There's no more information on their German website - https://www.klarstein.de/Haushaltsg...Liter-Gaerroehrchen-304-Edelstahl-30-Ltr.html

But to be clear, I don't need a mash tun - I already have a Grainfather; just looking for an affordable, non-plastic FV.

Thanks.

Ok its the ferementer - cant find my receipt or where I got it from but cutrent price looks toppy to me.

Latest posts

Back