Klarstein

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the klarstein fullhorn 30l kettle and so far am very pleased with it. I boil 18-19ltrs in mine for a 15ltr batch but it could take much more than that. However I wouldn't want to boil a full 30ltrs in it as that would be too full to risk boiling over for me.

Just got this last week when the 30l was £169 (and plus an extra £10 off when you sign up to the newsletter). Keep an eye on the prices they go up and down a lot. Arrives tomorrow, hoping I can find time for a brew next weekend.

Just got this last week when the 30l was £169 (and plus an extra £10 off when you sign up to the newsletter). Keep an eye on the prices they go up and down a lot. Arrives tomorrow, hoping I can find time for a brew next weekend.
Yeah I saw that the other day , they are £219-00 now will keep checking, let us know how you get on with it

Will do, this will be my first all grain brew, so trying to keep it simple.

I have the klarstein fullhorn 30l kettle and so far am very pleased with it. I boil 18-19ltrs in mine for a 15ltr batch but it could take much more than that. However I wouldn't want to boil a full 30ltrs in it as that would be too full to risk boiling over for me.
Hi Chris does the fullhorn come with grain a basket or do you have to buy a bag

It comes with a false bottom for mashing but not a grain basket. I mash in a separate mash tun and use the kettle for heating the strike and sparge water and for the boil.

Note for those considering buying, the 'max fill' line inside is actually at 27 litres. 30 litres is to the top of the kettle and while I can see that you could consider fitting that amount in there, there is no way you'd want to boil that in there.

Should be fine for the brews I have planned, but I was expecting it to be 30l to the max fill line.

Hi all, looking for some advice on a potential purchase of one of these Klarstein pieces of kit.

I recently broke my DIY insulated plastic mash tun set up and am looking at alternatives. I have a DIY boiler (again plastic) with two kettle elements in and a separate Klarstein stainlesss fermenter.

Looking to replace the mash tun and possibly use the same vessel as a boiler - which do you recommend?

Latest posts

Back